atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: btil OS100 Park issue - 11/21/08 07:19 PM
Hello,

Have an OS100 2.72 with 11 keyset in PBX setup. All phones but the manager are set to ring. When a call is placed on Park and the phones again begin to ring the parked call cannot be picked up at a ringing phone (no response when pressing the park button prior to lifting handset).

Thoughts,

Thanks
Gary
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: OS100 Park issue - 11/22/08 08:37 AM
What is your question?

What you described is what happens when the timer has expired and the line is ringing back to the station that placed it on hold. You cannot access the line using the park key because the call is no longer parked... it is now ringing.

It sounds like you probably want to increase the timer.

Just curious, why are you using park? How many lines are coming into the system? If it's just a few lines, why not use line appearances instead of call keys?

Also... you say you can't answer the ringing extension using the park key... have you tried to answer the ringing extension by pressing the call key that is flashing?
Posted By: FONEFXR Re: OS100 Park issue - 11/22/08 09:21 AM
Yes I know what you mean. You can't pick up a call on park if you phone is ringing for another call. I have an idea set a common phone or bell to ring that all the phones can hear. Point all incoming ringing to that device. Then set that with all the phones that need to answer it in a Branch Group now your phone doesn’t ring you can press a park key but if you need to answer a call just lift your handset.
Posted By: btil Re: OS100 Park issue - 11/22/08 08:05 PM
Thanks FXR,

We may try that to see how it might work. The building layout doesn't lend itself to that solution. I guess we could revert to a key system.
Do you think this is something that Samsung would address? We have another OS100 we will be soon be networking to a 7100. Although the incoming ringing scheme will differ.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help