atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bmusee Prostar 816-ringing? - 12/03/04 09:35 PM
We just bought this unit for our office and have installed it with 8 4 lines coming in and 7 extensions. I have read the posts to see how to make the phones ring..I followed the instructions below ..but what seems to happen is that the only phone to ring is the first one that I put in after the #62--if that phone isn't there it rings to the second one that I had input..?? anyway to make them all ring?

1 STATION SHOULD RING IN DEFAULT
FOR OTHERS YOU HAVE TO TURN ON PROGRAMMING IN #20 ON DISPLAY SET
1-#20
2- x-x-x-x-1
3- # KEY THAT OPENS PROGRAMING
THEN #62 -DIS PLAY SAYS DAY RING AASN
4-PRESS CO LINE THAT YOU WANT TO RING
5- PRESS DSS BUTTONS AND LIGHT BUTTON OF PHONES YOU WANT TO RING Dss buttons are the 16 buttons on the left side of the set and each one represents one of
your telephones

6- PRESS #
7 #62 THEN NEXT CO AND REPEAT FOR ALL LINES
USUALLY UP TO 8 PHONES CAN RING \
B4 YOU DO ANY PROGRAMMING MAKE SURE BATTERY JUMPER/SWITCH IS ON ON MOTHER BOARD /LOWER RIGHT
Posted By: bmusee Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 12/03/04 09:47 PM
Was I supposed to push the intercom buttons as opposed to putting in the numbers?
Posted By: KENB Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 12/04/04 05:52 AM
go to #60 line ring mode
press 2 for unconditional ring
#out
that should solve it
as long as ringing instructions aboveare correct
Posted By: Stacey1976 Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 12/15/04 01:53 PM
I am having the same problem getting my Prostar 816 extension to ring. I am new to this phone system and cannot figure out how to make my phone ring. Help me!
Posted By: KENB Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 12/12/05 07:22 PM
BUMP
Posted By: tweaked2 Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 01/16/06 06:56 PM
HELP!!!!

Purchased a used ProStar 816 system w/ONE[1] 816 set & FIVE[5] 800 sets.

Have TWO[2] lines and will use all SIX[6] phones.

PROBLEM ...

I followed procedure listed above BUT ...

1-#20
2- x-x-x-x-1 AT THIS STEP x-x-x = ERROR

The # = key does open programming
The #20 = MMC Disabled

But I cannot get past the "3" in the x-x-x-x-1 ...

When I try #21 it asks for old password???

PROBLEM: Presently it rings only on the display set.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

LC

please try not to use passwords here. you can pm anyone you like and use them there thanks.
Someone probably put in a different password.

To get it back to default, UNPLUG the 816 from the wall,(there is 110v AC in there) take the cover off, look for the battery on/off controler which could be a small sliding switch or a jumper connecting two pins of center and on or center an off. DO NOT mess with the Earth/Ground switch, this will not help anything, just leave it alone.

A small sign says BATT about two inches up above the power supply and about two inches from the right side.

Flip the switch to off or take the jumper off. Wait 30 seconds. Flip the switch on or put the jumper on the center and ON. Plug the 816 back in.

The system is in default and the #20xxxx1# will put you into programming and return the display to date and time. #20xxxx# will set the clock for AM/PM format.

This is very old manufacture discontinued stuff. Usually the batteries will not hold programming for very long. You can hook up two 12 volt 7 amp batteries to the socket or solder in a new 3.6 Ni-Mh battery to the motherboard.
oh writchey, this is manufacture discontinued and 15 years old. Do we really care about sequential passwords starting at 1 any longer?

Isn't there some expiration date on passwords for discontinued product?

Its not like giving them the super secret password that lets you make free international calls from the backdoor of a Toshiba PONU card.

Whatever.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 01/18/06 06:36 AM
Pm sent
Lecture received. Thank you.
Posted By: KENB Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 03/27/06 09:00 AM
bump
bump hell, those are damn nice hooters and I could give you two black eyes with them.
Posted By: Foneman69 Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 03/28/06 04:31 PM
lots of qualified samsung technicians in your area, call 1-800-876-4782 & pick customer service they will put you in touch of a tech in your area that has went to school to learn these systems & would be more than qualified
Posted By: Dalavar Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 03/28/06 05:15 PM
On an 816

**** (Password)
1 (Enable MMC)
#
#62 (Day Ring)

Touch the line button you wish to ring, it should come up with the extensions that are currently programmed to ring (listed as 1,2,3...not as 21,22) Extensions 10 or 11 and up are listed on the screen as A,B,C instead of numbers.

Now touch the extension buttons you wish to ring on that line,then press # to save your settings.

Repeat from #62 for all lines you wish to program.

#61 = Night Ringing

Rob
"that has went to school to learn these systems"

The 816 was a self study test and to my knowledge was never a classroom presented system.

You could also look on the board here for technicians in your area.

This is an old, manufacture discontinued system and as of now there are no new black display phones in stock and a few black non-displays left. When Samsung discontinues a system, they really discontinue it.
Posted By: tdroland Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 04/28/06 01:08 PM
Got to the office today, our samsung prostar 816, doesn't ring on extensions, infact time/date are reset. Need to get the phones to ring in each office. The company that installed is no longer. I read the posts abve but need some help.

Tim
Posted By: KENB Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 04/28/06 08:28 PM
pm sent

Time is #55
input yy
mm
w- day of the week monday is 1
hh
mm #
Posted By: sellersfirm Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 12/28/06 10:27 AM
Thank you very much.
Will someone who replaces the last 816 in America please post the death of this system? I estimate that will be in March of 2044.
Posted By: Stacy Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 01/03/07 07:37 AM
I need to tag along on this. I know that this thread is old, but I am having a problem with this system. I know nothing about it and am getting very frustrated with it.

Last time it rained when main line would ring, so would fax line.

Yesterday and today...the only phone in this place that rings is having beeping problems. We messed with it yesterday...got it to work for a couple of hours and now I have an unplugged phone which is the only one in this place that rings.

If I could get my phone capable of ringing I would worry so much, but I tried the:
#20 and got the mmc disabled message. How do I get past this message? to make this phone ring

Can someone help me?

Also, how hard and costly is it to rip this dang thing out and just go with regular phones?

Thanks for your help! I need it to get functional again. smile

*Okay now that I figured out that the **** represent the passcode and not just stars. I got it figured out! YAY. Thanks guys.*
Sent me an email with your contact info and I will walk you though this, I've done it for over a hundred people, why not one more?

Click on the icon to the right of the envelope and to the left of the two people shaking hands next to an envelope that is as big as they are.
Posted By: Judy K Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 06/27/07 02:12 PM
I am new. I DO NOT KNOW IF I AM DOING this correctly.
I have a Samsung Prostar 816 Plus Hybrid Key Telephone System.
After being away, when we arrived home ,only one phone rings. Our power went off when we were gone if that matters.
Posted By: KENB Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 06/27/07 03:26 PM
Answered in other post.
so i've got an 816 how do i figure out what my password is?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 11/10/08 10:40 AM
If you don't know what the password is, and it's not the default, there is no way to figure it out. Which means you'll need to default the system per the instructions in a previous post in this OOOLLLDDD thread. And you might want to get a manual (See the top of the page) so that you can program the beastie. smile John C.
PM sent to frustrated, I'll talk him through it over the phone in under two minutes.
Posted By: uwireme Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 11/30/08 09:39 AM
No phones will ring

I turned off the power switch for a couple of days and when I flipped it back on
1) date and time was reset
2) all speed dial numbers gone
3) no phones ring

Did the program thing for hours and nothing

I did notice that when the phone would ring there would be a loud click at the phone switch like the sound of a relay opening and closing…but now no click

I think the problem is in this relay ….any thoughts
Sent my info, he has a dead ni-cd battery that will not hold programming. There is the first place to start.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Prostar 816-ringing? - 11/30/08 11:17 AM
This thread is four years old. The OP has not been back since Dec. 2004.

Please start a new thread even if you have the same problems.

Thank you. smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help