atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bethina0620 Stupid Question re Samsung Cadence - 12/05/08 11:27 AM
Okay.. I've been looking everywhere in my Cadence User's Manual to find this answer and I'm having no luck.. I'm trying to Access the Administrator's Mailbox and the steps indicated state to "Call CADENCE". I cannot find how to DO that! Does anyone out there know how one can accomplish this?? My VP and I are both trying to override a passcode and I'm sure I can do the rest of the steps once I know how this is done.

Help????
How do retrieve your voice mail messages? Button press or do you dial an extension number?
Posted By: pvj Re: Stupid Question re Samsung Cadence - 12/05/08 04:00 PM
Like above either press your voicemail button or try 529.I must say if you can't figure that out I wouldn't be messing with the system.
You don't say if your cadence is in a DCS or in a 50si or a iDCS100.

The default extension for a DCS would 529, just dial 529 as pvj suggests.

If you have a 50si the default extension would be 519, I believe, haven't done a 50si with Cadence in a while.
Posted By: Bethina0620 Re: Stupid Question re Samsung Cadence - 12/10/08 02:14 PM
Just got back on here.. very busy.. thanks for the replies, except for the rude one from pvj.. uncalled for.. but anyway.. it's in a DCS, Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie.. Nowhere in the book is there any reference to HOW to "call CADENCE".. it just says to do it.. Now, to make sure mr. pvj is satisfied, if it was as simple as pressing the VM (that stands for voicemail) button, there would not be a problem... we're trying to access old messages from a former employee/who also happened to be a former partner, who left no trail of the mailbox PW.. and it's important to my VP to gain access to the administrator's mailbox so we can override the system and set up what is now HIS mailbox.

So.. I'll try 529.. and see if that works! Thanks!
Posted By: pvj Re: Stupid Question re Samsung Cadence - 12/10/08 02:22 PM
What do you find rude?
Calling Cadence is as simple as pushing a voicemail key.But accessing the admin mailbox will involve more steps.
If he was a creature of habit, he could have used the last four of his SS number or the first or last four of the street address.

It is possible to go into Cadence on the phone [vrs. using a laptop] and reset the password on the mailbox, Paige has done it multiple times when an employee leaves and doesn't leave the password.

Also some people change the password and keep the mailbox active with that person's greeting. The former employee can't access new messages but people can still leave messages.

One of our customers got proof of employee dishonesty that way. Very handy sometimes.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help