atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Problem with VT to mailboxes - 03/25/09 06:06 PM
Customer has OS500 with SVMi8e, once in a while when receptionist does a direct to vmail box transfer (VT529) caller ends up at "enter password" prompt instead of mailbox greeting. Was able to view on call activity screen and shows the # before the mailbox number. Anyone seen this before?
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Problem with VT to mailboxes - 03/26/09 03:42 AM
I've had the same problem before... it turned out the receptionist had long fingernails and was hitting the # key accidently.
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: Problem with VT to mailboxes - 04/01/09 03:58 PM
Thanks CIT, I'm thinking you may be correct.
Posted By: Tip & Ring Re: Problem with VT to mailboxes - 04/02/09 04:54 AM
Yes I have seen this before. You will also see 0,1, and 2 being inserted as well. I reported the issue to Samsung Tech Support. They are trying to log as many sites as they can so that the product team will take it as more than user error. I would call them and add your site to the list. The trouble is they know the problem is out there but they can not duplicate it.
Posted By: FONEFXR Re: Problem with VT to mailboxes - 04/02/09 06:10 PM
We’ve seen this as well its something in the system and its always been the # for us. Its seems to happen allot more on release 1 500's. But there is a way to put a line entry in the menu that handles the VT transfers that will strip the # away and ignore it. Not really a fix but a work around it does make the problem disappear for the customer anyway.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help