atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mr Edd Samsung SVM400 - Operating System Not Found - 04/07/09 07:51 PM
Hello All,

I've got an unresponsive Samsung SVM400 that i'm trying to hook up with our existing DCS408. Connected to the box with Hyperterminal and after the initial Bios booting i get the message "Operating System Not Found" I Just found an old post describing a problem with the power supply of an SVM400. It says this can cause "Operating System Not Found" to be displayed in Hyperterminal. I was wondering whether anyone has any further info on this issue and how i might resolve it. Your help would be much appreciated. Cheers :toast:
Well I think it's one of two things. Either there is a bad bit at the begining of the OS or the power supply. Just like windows if the first sector of the loading sequence is faulty. It cant move forward. wink
Hi Edd,

Replied to your PM on this matter
Hello again and thanks for your support.

It turned out that the compact flash card was corrupt and therefore unable to boot. Card seemed partitioned into 4 drives and all were not readable.
New card + OS has fixed that problem.

However,

the DCS408 i'm hooking up to is running quite an old version of software T1.04 and i think i need at least T1.20. Can anyone confirm this to be the case and if so where i can get the ROMS i need.

Edd
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help