atcomsystems.ca/forum
I can't seem to find an answer to this problem. I have 2 users that receive voice mails late. The email I received this morning stated that themessages were waiting for him this morning but were actually left last Monday. I have checked on him several times to make sure this was not an ID10T error. We have an office serv 7200 system. the vneodr I purchased the system has never run into this problem before.
Scott,

What testing has your vendor done? If your vendor hasn't done any testing, I would suggest they look at Port Activity while someone leaves a message for the users reporting the problem.

I would also ask them to look at the activity log. It's a little hard to read, but that should give them a starting place.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you need more help.
Scott
Any chance this is just an adjustment needed on the Voice mail system Time? Perhaps it's set wrong.
The voicemail on an OS7200 gets its time information from the system, so there is no way to adjust just the time on the voicemail stamp.

With that said... have you verified the date and time on the system?
Extra undocumented feature.
Date and time is fine. But sometimes messages are getting delayed up to a week. My vendor is telling me they have spoken to Samsng and that this problem has NEVER been seen before. I don't believe that for a second. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.
The key thing is to monitor the email under port activity. That will tell you where the issue will be. Whether it is the voicemail delaying the email or the email provider. I get delay with my provider alot.
Scott,

Could you please provide a few details. I don't think you are talking about the e-mail gateway, but let's make sure.

Also... I gave you some suggestions above to either check yourself or have your vendor check. If you or your vendor will monitor the port activity... you will get your answer.

I have been a Samsung tech for a few years and I've never seen this problem... unless you are talking about e-mail notification.

Feel free to send me a PM and I can discuss this with you further.
Delete and re-create the mailbox(s).
I agree with Vernon Telecom, delete the mailbox and recreate it. It that doesn't not work, pull the storage medium and have a Windows PC run scandisk/repair on it as well as defrag.

Yes this problem has been around for years dating back to the first SVMi4s. Nearly impossible to track down because it is so intermittent. When you watch it via the port activity it will most like be fine.

It is not just that the message does not light the message waiting light. The message is just not there, and then 'poof' it appears the next day or worse, a few days later. The timestamp is correct. It just wasn't there before.
I agree with Noisycow, we have had this fault from time to time dating way back as stated, Samsung's standard reply is to deny and say "we have never had that problem before". Because the fault has been so intermittent the customer just puts up with it and then at next upgrade time problem goes away.
You can also be assured that in most cases the problem is due to improper shut downs causing minor corruptions in the file structure and database. If you do the sandisk/defrag and put it back in service, also make sure there is a substantial battery backup in place. Never turn off a Samsung without properly halting the voice mail via programming.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help