atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: QCIAthol Something I'm missing? - 06/13/09 02:02 PM
I have a company that has been installed (OS100) with little upgrades for the last four years. Now, in a recent development, their first phone (x201, 28D)will not forward when busy. It announced the transfer, then just drops the call.
Does anyone recognize this glitch, and know a quick fix?
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Something I'm missing? - 06/13/09 04:54 PM
I'm confused, when you say it will not forward when busy, do you mean extension 201 won't forward when that extension is busy? The reason I'm confused is you say it announced the transfer, then just drops the call.

Could you provide a better description of what is happening? What version of software? Is this an R1 or R2 system?

Thanks!
Posted By: QCIAthol Re: Something I'm missing? - 06/27/09 04:38 PM
Samsung OS100 SCP Ver 1.06; MCP Ver 2.63. SVMi 4e (4.01)

Followed the calls in Port Activity, and noticed that when 201 is busy, it just drops the call. Calls to other stations show that the voicemail opens another port to answer the busy station. For some reason, that does not happen with 201. It just ends after it transfers to the system.
I switched ports through set relocation, and it still does it.
Any clues?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Something I'm missing? - 06/27/09 07:12 PM
Are the calls being routed to a ring group with all these extensions as members? Or are you dialing each extension during the main greeting?
Posted By: QCIAthol Re: Something I'm missing? - 06/27/09 07:35 PM
Dialing from the main greeting.
Posted By: Avidcomm Re: Something I'm missing? - 06/28/09 11:29 AM
Any chance you only have one call key on the phone?
You would need a second to receive the second call.
Posted By: Vernon Telecom Re: Something I'm missing? - 06/29/09 07:25 AM
It still shouldnt drop the call, even with only 1 call key. The vmail would see its busy and pull the call back.

So the caller is in voicemial, are they pressing a single menu option or free dialing an extension - the vmail says "transferring to..." announces the extension, then the call drops? Almost sounds like some database corruption in the voicemail or the ksu pertaining to that extension port.

I would reset the port for 201 to default values and delete/recreate the extension & vmail box in the voicemail. And upgrade the software in the 100.

Also, check the powersupply... The system starts to misbehave when the caps are failing.
Posted By: QCIAthol Re: Something I'm missing? - 06/29/09 10:16 AM
The call drops every way. Even if a 2nd caller is transferred via another extension using VM transfer.

I replaced the power supply about a year ago.

I will default the station, and delete and rebuild the VM to see if it is still there.

Thanks
Posted By: Rowlettdon Re: Something I'm missing? - 06/29/09 07:12 PM
If you don't mind a suggestion, maybe try saving the database to your laptop then default the phone system and leave the battery switch off for 3-4 minutes. Upload the old database from the laptop and test
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help