atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS svmi8 (not E) mailbox user friendly? - 07/24/09 06:10 AM
I do get my share of complaints from customers re: recording greetings but different greeting plays and overall user difficulty (even with user guide) Just got a call from customer with about 50 employees. Boss decides he wants every employee to update their mailbox greeting every day. Mass confusion abound. Some users have been pressing 7 to edit thier greeting, others press 1 to record primary no answer greeting. My question is, is there a way to make a mailbox have a simple one greeting selection (you know, like the good old cadence).
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: svmi8 (not E) mailbox user friendly? - 07/24/09 06:19 AM
Yes. Go into the mailbox block for each user and change Mailbox greeting allowed to no for each user. They will then just have one greeting to record.
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: svmi8 (not E) mailbox user friendly? - 07/24/09 06:31 AM
Thanks CIT, I do recall doing this before. I think this does take away some other options though. Maybe the call director?
Posted By: Gerrya Re: svmi8 (not E) mailbox user friendly? - 07/24/09 09:22 AM
I had same problem once with about 50 users then complained about not being able to use aa as only 8 voicemail ports everyone trying to use voicemail at once such is life
Posted By: bmreen Re: svmi8 (not E) mailbox user friendly? - 07/24/09 03:55 PM
Can't you do a "default basic" command and it only allows a mailbox greeting or something like that. I would have to look in the manual to know exactly though.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: svmi8 (not E) mailbox user friendly? - 07/24/09 04:04 PM
Originally posted by bmreen:
Can't you do a "default basic" command and it only allows a mailbox greeting or something like that. I would have to look in the manual to know exactly though.
No... this would only do a basic default of the system, plus the users would still have access to several greetings. Disabling the Mailbox Greeting has no negative effect on what the system can do.
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: svmi8 (not E) mailbox user friendly? - 07/26/09 04:22 AM
CIT, I went to the extension block and and in the call director screen I changed from "Basic" to "No Greeting" and this gave the user one greeting also.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: svmi8 (not E) mailbox user friendly? - 07/26/09 04:44 AM
I'll ask a friend who is a lot more knowledgeable than me about the SVMi what he recommends. I think setting the extension block to No Greeting might have a negative consequence when using follow-me and another feature.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help