atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DanielPMC Incorporating Fax Server w/ 7200 - 10/14/09 06:54 AM
We have a PRI with DID's. We have purchased a fax server (Zetafax). The way Zetafax routes inbound faxes is through CID. So when the call terminates in the modem it needs to have the Hunt Group Number and not the CID. to route to appropiate Email.

I know other PBX's are capable of this. Most all fax servers route inbound this way. Any help?
Posted By: bmreen Re: Incorporating Fax Server w/ 7200 - 10/14/09 07:34 AM
How does the server communicate with the 7200?
Posted By: DanielPMC Re: Incorporating Fax Server w/ 7200 - 10/14/09 07:38 AM
SLI port.
Posted By: bmreen Re: Incorporating Fax Server w/ 7200 - 10/14/09 07:52 AM
Try setting up multiple groups with the same sli ports in each group. and set the analog ports to VM/AA ports.
Posted By: DanielPMC Re: Incorporating Fax Server w/ 7200 - 10/14/09 08:22 AM
I changed the ports like you said in (X.X.X) and still not luck. I can monitor the fax server and see the CID and it not matching to a user in the fax server and dropping thr fax. hmmmm.....

EDIT: Please do not post tech level MMC information in the public section.
Posted By: bmreen Re: Incorporating Fax Server w/ 7200 - 10/14/09 08:44 AM
I have used FaxFinder before and they route faxes based on DID called and they need also have a firmware patch for the FaxFinder to use what they callSamsung mode.I dont know if if the Zetafax has a similar option.
Posted By: DanielPMC Re: Incorporating Fax Server w/ 7200 - 10/14/09 11:18 AM
I refuse to give up. There must be a way to make this work!
Posted By: DanielPMC Re: Incorporating Fax Server w/ 7200 - 10/15/09 08:44 AM
you know what we are both in Jacksonville, FL. Come fix it for me. lol
Posted By: Hi-C Re: Incorporating Fax Server w/ 7200 - 10/19/09 12:43 PM
I'm a little confused as to how you would route based on CID. Incoming caller's ID or called number ID?

On all of the fax servers I have done we assigned a DID number to each user as their fax number, ring a virtual extension number (make virtual extension number last 4 or 3 digits of DID Number), forward always virtual extension to Fax Server Hunt Group and make hunt group AA/VM type as well as sli ports in hunt group in order for 7200 to send digits.

At that point the digits will be coming in to the fax server much like a third party voice mail. You may be able to add and/or insert digits within the fax server if necessary for the routing.

Good luck.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help