atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Genesiscomm Timewarner business lines on a 7100 - 11/13/09 06:34 AM
Just curious if anyone else has problems with timewarner lines locking up lines on a 7100. It appears the system does not like the disconnect signal timewarner sends. Only happens on business class lines not on TW Telecom lines.
Posted By: BacherJr Re: Timewarner business lines on a 7100 - 11/13/09 01:14 PM
Yea, absolutely. We see this with Time Warner, but also with SIP providers using analog gateways, such as Packet 8, Bandwidth.com, etc. Its most likely occurring when a caller hangs up while leaving a voicemail message.

One way you may be able to correct this on your side is to change the port settings in the SVMI to disconnect on "noise" instead of "loop". This doesnt always correct the problem and in some cases, the only fix is to get time warner to deliver a proper loop open disconnect like they are supposed to.

This is most likely an issue with the local device they are using, ask the Time Warner tech to replace or reprogram it.
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: Timewarner business lines on a 7100 - 11/13/09 02:25 PM
thanks, i have this problem on about 15 customers, i'll try your fix then i'll call them
Posted By: Noisycow Re: Timewarner business lines on a 7100 - 11/15/09 03:36 PM
Viking makes a device that solves the call disconnect/lockup issues in one-port and four-port models. Saved us many times.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help