atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Adrian SVMi-8E Query (Email and Fax) - 12/09/09 09:32 PM
Hi There,

Just got a SVMi-8E configed with the VPM2 (Voice+4/Fax+1 port upgrade)

I've got the card set up with our IP and am configuring now via Telnet onto the IP address.

I've set up the SMTP server etc, but I can not see any way in the software to set the users email address to have the voicemail or fax delivered.
Can anyone offer suggestions or does someone has a more up to date manual.

Its running OS 4.1.1.0001 - Card was imported from the USA

I want the card to receive our faxes and forward to email predominantly.

Also need some assistance with AA if anyone has time :-)
Posted By: Adrian Re: SVMi-8E Query (Email and Fax) - 12/10/09 02:42 AM
OK, I actually found the Mclass settings and the email is now working, however when I call into extensions rather then playing the users greeting it says, "I'm sorry the call was not answered" Pres 1 to leave a message and then it plays.. is there a way to set it to play the greeting immediately?
Posted By: SeaComms Re: SVMi-8E Query (Email and Fax) - 12/10/09 03:21 AM
I have found you need to record the extension greeting and not the mailbox greeting.

When you press the voicemail button on the phone, from memory the menu options for the extension greetings are 0, 5, 1, 2 then start recording, 2 to end recording, # to save and 1 to accept this greeting.
Posted By: SeaComms Re: SVMi-8E Query (Email and Fax) - 12/10/09 03:47 AM
PM sent re AA.
Posted By: Adrian Re: SVMi-8E Query (Email and Fax) - 12/10/09 04:03 AM
Thanks for that, yes you are right. Very confusing, I also had to redownload the mailboxes via the handset as I forgot to allow mailboxes on the IP handsets
Posted By: Adrian Re: SVMi-8E Query (Email and Fax) - 12/10/09 04:39 AM
Does anyone know why the operator group is dialing 0 and picking up a trunk line rather then going to 500 group. I cant find the block to check the digit
Posted By: Adrian Re: SVMi-8E Query (Email and Fax) - 12/10/09 04:45 AM
Found in the extension block, for some reason 500 was dialing 0. Hope this helps someone out there
Posted By: SeaComms Re: SVMi-8E Query (Email and Fax) - 12/10/09 10:47 PM
Yes, thats a really, really, really bad trap to look out for, especially if you like not being sued for unauthorised calls to Uzbekistan or the like in the middle of the night... (did I make tht clear enough??). Has been changed in later software to dial 9, but why it doesnt just dial 500 at default is odd to me!
Posted By: nameless Re: SVMi-8E Query (Email and Fax) - 12/22/09 05:06 AM
The reason for the dial 0, is that the SVMi software is (or at least was) written by Samsung in the USA.

Who dial 9 for outside line and 0 for operator (this was the default config on some old dcs software versions)

Why they didn't make it change with country I don't know.

This only affected the SVMi-8/16/20 and possibly the SVMi-2, the SVMi-4 is hard coded to 500 (you can't change it)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help