atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Charlie Fergerson idcs100 forward to mailbox problem - 01/26/10 12:13 PM
I have a idcs100 that will not transfer a call directly to a mailbox. It rings the station and forwards after the timer expires
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: idcs100 forward to mailbox problem - 01/26/10 12:40 PM
Do you have a VT key programmed and are you using it?
after programming a vt key to the voice mail group 519 and testing the voice mail answers but does not go to the mailbox it says that it cannot connect and prompts you to pick a different subscriber
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: idcs100 forward to mailbox problem - 01/26/10 02:11 PM
I haven't seen this problem before, so let's look at a few more possibilities.

Have you verified the mailbox is still working for the extension? If you press # followed by the extension number, does it allow you to leave a reminder?
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: idcs100 forward to mailbox problem - 01/26/10 02:22 PM
Okay... I just re-read your reply. Does the greeting you are hearing say, "I'm sorry the call was not answered. To transfer to a different extension enter it now."
Posted By: bmreen Re: idcs100 forward to mailbox problem - 01/26/10 05:23 PM
I beleive I've seen this before and the problem was the tech built an ext via the keyset then built a mbx via the keyset or did it with hyperterm and built them and forgot to pair them. The two were not paired together hence the problem. On the mbx page make sure the mbx is attashed to the correct ext.
marc,
that is exactly what the voicemail responds with when the transfer goes through
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: idcs100 forward to mailbox problem - 01/27/10 06:07 AM
Okay... that is the default greeting for the mailbox. If you are not given an option to press one to leave a message, no mailbox is associated with the extension.

You can go into System Administration through the keyset to check to see if a mailbox exists for that extension. If there isn't a mailbox associated with that extension, just create the mailbox. If the system says a mailbox exists, delete the subscriber and re-create both an extension and mailbox.

Also… make sure Mailbox Download is set to no in the phone system and make sure the phone system is set to “yes” for a mailbox for that extension, otherwise you could have problems in the future.
marc,
I know there is a mailbox asociated with the extension because I am using my extension for testing purposes
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: idcs100 forward to mailbox problem - 01/27/10 06:40 AM
In that case, when you hear the greeting… press 1 to see if you can leave a message.

If you are able to leave a message, the only problem is no greeting has been recorded.
thanks Marc It works
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: idcs100 forward to mailbox problem - 01/28/10 02:27 PM
What was the problem?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help