atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bavltd transfer call to extension queue? - 02/16/10 06:50 AM
Hi

I'm looking to replace an panasonic system with a new 7200. The customer is used to having an extension button and when transferring a call just pushing the extension button and hanging up. The call then lives in a queue for that extension - they never speak to the person at the other end to see if they are there or on a call.

Is this possible on the 7200 or do I need to set up a load of parks?

Any suggestions welcome

Jonathan
Posted By: Gerrya Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/16/10 09:00 AM
jonathan its is possiable to do on samsung also you can use call park keys if need
Posted By: Connextions Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/16/10 09:21 AM
Jonathan,

I'm not aware of a way to do that with a single button however you have some options.

1. You can press transfer and the extension button and hang up - that will be a blind transfer. If you have RNA/Busy setup if they are busy or don't answer it will roll to voicemail or whereever that destination is programmed.

2. You can put that caller on hold at a given extension by pressing transfer, extension button, then the Hold key. The call will be placed on the destination extensions Call key and will recall there after the hold timer has expired.
Posted By: mcrackin Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/16/10 02:46 PM
If you have a SVMi 20e you can setup a queue. Then just transfer to that UCD group.
Posted By: Vernon Telecom Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/16/10 06:38 PM
The mailbox has the capability of telling the caller the user is on the phone, and give them the option to wait - with an estimation of wait time. The caller can press 2 when in the mailbox to "hold for busy".
Posted By: nameless Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/17/10 05:14 AM
You can blind transfer by pressing a DSS key, if the user is there they can answer the call, if not it will ring until either the caller hangs up or a no-answer forward (if programmed) timer expires and the call will follow the programmed forward.
Or the transfer recall timer expires and it will ring back to the extension that transferred the call originally
Posted By: bavltd Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/18/10 07:33 AM
i've done it with a DS key and then by pressing the Camp on softkey. They don't want to put people in a timed queue as suggested by Marty - bit of a strange customer to be honest.

Is there any way of automating the DS /Camp on sequence?

When the call goes to camp on the person on hold hears the ringing tone. Where can I set this to be MOH?

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

Regards

Jonathan
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/18/10 07:40 AM
Is there any way of automating the DS /Camp on sequence?

In TIMER/OPTION FEATURES turn on Auto Campon.

When the call goes to camp on the person on hold hears the ringing tone. Where can I set this to be MOH?

In TIMER/OPTION FEATURES turn on Transfer Ring Back MOH.
Posted By: bavltd Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/18/10 08:52 AM
Thanks Marc.

I've found the Transfer Ring Back MOH but can't find Auto Camp on in Timer/Options under 5.14
Posted By: ASK Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/18/10 10:02 AM
Auto Campon is found at 5.15.4 - Station Features Keyset On/off

The setting is in Station Level MMC 110 and can be set per station. It is set to OFF by default. Description: Keyset Users can allow intercom calls to camp-on to other keysets without pressing the CAMP-ON key.

This would be a neat feature to setup on my demo kit, I'll see what I can get working.

Yep, look like it transfers the caller onto the Call2 key, The max que would be limited to the number of call keys assinged to the station. Another option while transfering the caller is to release the call by pressing the hold key instead of ANS/RLS put the caller as a remote hold on that station, The rest of the programming to drop them into the queue would be setup in Busy/NoAnswer forward the VM/AA, then setup the VMAA to handle the call by giving the caller an option to queue up. Though you end up loosing the FIFO order as new callers bounce off the station first before getting dropped into the wait queue of the VM/AA ... not quite a good solution.

lets see.. Incomming caller, press transfer to VM/AA group, navigate yourself to the queue and then release the caller? -- More testing.

Hopefully this isn't TMI, I'm still learning this stuff myself.
Posted By: ASK Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/18/10 10:32 AM
Ignore most of that last post, there is a much simpler way to set this up now that I've done a bit of research. Seems that I can't edit or delete it since it contains a few bits of mis-information
Posted By: ASK Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/18/10 11:14 AM
Simply look into setup a UCD group for each ext that needs its own hold queue. Then simply Transfer or forward callers into the users's UCD queue group when busy. There will be a limit the total number of extensions this can be applied to depending on the model of OfficeServ.

I've already tried a few things but looks like it works well, Yer gonna have to RTFM on this one...
Posted By: bavltd Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/19/10 03:57 AM
Thanks ASK,

There are 40 users in the office currently and so setting up UCD for each of them (they all need this feature) seems a long route to go - if even possible.

The camp on route works well for them. I have turned auto camp on but now it won't allow me to camp. If auto camp is off and they manually press the camp on softkey it does work. Very strange.

Any suggestions as to why?
Posted By: SeaComms Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/20/10 02:01 AM
Do the extensions have more than one Call key? I have seen several site where they have been set up with just one.
Posted By: bavltd Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/21/10 12:33 PM
Yes they just have one call key.
Posted By: SeaComms Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/22/10 03:42 AM
If memory serves me correctly (?) you need a spare call key for the auto camp on to work.
Posted By: bavltd Re: transfer call to extension queue? - 02/22/10 05:37 AM
ok, i'll give it a go and see
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help