atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NiemanWJ SIP on OS7030 - 02/22/10 05:54 AM
Hi can anyone maybe assist me, I have a customer with 11 branches, 2 running on OS7200 1 on OS7070 and the rest on OS7030 double cab config. The 7200 & 7070 is working 100%. The OS7030 sites keep on dropping the SIP service and doesn't recover unless I Disable and then Enable the SIP service in MMCXXX. I've done the following with no sucsess:

1) Upgraded firmware to V4.41b
2) Removed inter-branch calling and replaced with speed dials.
3) Changed SIP providers
4) Ran traces using WireShark (all test ok)
5) Tested ADSL links (all test ok)
6) Changed ADSL routers
7) Minimized the SIP trunks to 3
8) Deafault system to run on minimum config, changing only the IP, Slave IP, Ext Range.
9) With single cab config the OS7030 work 100% without dropping the SIP service.
10) Removed all unused MGI and SIP numbers.
11) Replace the system with a new OS7030 in double cab config.

I thought that I had an authentication problem, but this has also been ruled out. The ADSL links is 512k Download and 4096k Upload.

Thank you
Posted By: NiemanWJ Re: SIP on OS7030 - 02/22/10 06:05 AM
Hi just to add some more info. I had the same problem with v4.30 and the service drops sometime 5 times in 1 hour and the next day it will maybe drop 1 time during the day.

Regards
Posted By: SeaComms Re: SIP on OS7030 - 02/22/10 01:44 PM
I have had no end of trouble with 4.41b down here in Australia with SIP doing exactly what you described. The only way I could get it to stay conencted was to drop back to 4.30. Something changed in the 4.4 software that seems to cause instability on some ISP/VSP's.

We have just been issued a newer software down here specifically to fix this problem (T4.41c) that so far seems to be doing the job really well.

Bottom line, I dont think it's you!
Posted By: NiemanWJ Re: SIP on OS7030 - 02/23/10 07:49 AM
Thank you, will try this. My technical support guys requested v4.41c from Korea. Just another question, they say that the firmware needs to be changed for South Africa, how true is this? Thank you once again and I will let you know as soon as I done the firmware upgrade.
Posted By: NiemanWJ Re: SIP on OS7030 - 02/23/10 07:56 AM
Here is the response from our technical support

1) "Version 441b is running at all sites successfully, we have tested with this version here and my system that has had no drops that you are using is also running this software. The same software was tested in ICONNECT offices with no problems.

I asked that you guys should not confuse SA conditions with Australian conditions as the software is totally different.

I asked Quinton to do a last test, take my PABX and put it back in, we know that it works fine, program my PABX the same as you programmed your PABX and send me the step by step programming sequence."

&

2) "I am receiving the test software version 4.41c from Korea, I asked them to modify it for South African use.

Lets load it on one of your problem systems tomorrow and test, I will let you know as soon as I receive it."
Posted By: NiemanWJ Re: SIP on OS7030 - 02/25/10 09:30 AM
Loaded the new T4.41c Firmware for testing. So far it haven't dropped the SIP for almost 12 hrs now. Will monitor and keep you posted.
Posted By: SeaComms Re: SIP on OS7030 - 02/26/10 02:49 PM
"the software is totally different"

I have heard this before and wondered just how much different software labelled 4.41b could be from country to country. I always assumed it would just be some of the default settings to make it more 'normal' at default to each country. I would have assumed that the main programming that causes/fixes problems like this would be pretty much the same.

I guess your persistence has gotten you a version for South Africa, and so far so good too!

Most importantly though, is if the link does drop out that it reconnects. This is the problem we had with 4.41b It was just something that was changed from 4.3 to 4.4 that led to this reconnection issue. And I should add, that it is not at all sites either.

At least they (Samsung) have acknowledged it, jumped onto to it pretty quickly and issued a revised software version. Cant ask for more than that!
Posted By: NiemanWJ Re: SIP on OS7030 - 03/22/10 12:31 PM
Thank you Dave, our issues is resolved. We just got the latest release V4.46a. Seems to have resolved the issue on the 7030.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help