atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LarryB MOH not working - 03/09/10 05:59 PM
My customer has a 500 and I can not get MOH working.I worked with Marc and we haven't been able to get it. This was my second time onsite and I started by turning on BGM. This worked great with 732. After I programmed MOH on the phones and the lines, nothing. I first tried calling in with my cell and then getting put on hold. I then tried calling from the Samsung back into the Samsung. I would get MOH on the return call but not on my outgoing call. Any ideas?
Posted By: Vernon Telecom Re: MOH not working - 03/10/10 11:11 AM
So when you call in from your cell and get put on hold, you get nothing, but if you use an extension, grab an outside line, and call the main number - then get put on hold, you do hear music?
Posted By: Gerrya Re: MOH not working - 03/10/10 03:14 PM
Have you tried putting a test butt on the end of music sourse to make sure u have music also have you a module for music on hold will be on the mcp card and also will be the blue pair on cat5e lead
Posted By: LarryB Re: MOH not working - 03/10/10 08:34 PM
Marty, I don't get MOH for any calls coming in but if I make an outbound call and place that call on hold, I do provide MOH for the person on the answer side.
GerryA, I am getting music. The system's background music works and if I do outbound calls, the answeree gets music.
Posted By: Connextions Re: MOH not working - 03/11/10 12:57 AM
Are you answering the incoming call on the same extension that you are making the outbound call from? The reason I ask is if you are answering from a different extension than the one you are placing the call maybe that extension isn't set up for MOH. You may want to verify that in programming.
Posted By: nameless Re: MOH not working - 03/11/10 02:46 AM
If you have ISDN lines make sure that the MOH is set in the DID table (if its a OS500/iDCS500 R2) this caused a similar issue with a customer of mine, they would get MOH when using the hold key (due to setting the station MOH source), but not with a park key.

Any reason why you are using a trunk port for MOH rather then 1 of the 2 provided on the MISC card?
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: MOH not working - 03/11/10 05:02 AM
PM sent.
Posted By: LarryB Re: MOH not working - 03/11/10 08:33 AM
Connextions, I am answering at the same extension,
Nameless, my error Iam using the MISC 2 port, your info helps. I need to program MMC XXX for MOH. Pots lines are used for outgoing and a PRI is used for incoming. Why? I didn't originally program it.
Thanks.

Edit to remove tech level MMC codes, please do not post these codes!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help