atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Connextions Need More Park Orbits - 03/30/10 05:14 PM
I have a customer running off of a OS7400. They are a medical practice with 3 locations each running off of the same 7400. Each location utilizes 5 park orbits well maybe I should say 2 locations uses 5 park orbits and the 3rd one wants to. Since the 7400 only has 10 orbits I need some suggestions on how to simulate a Park orbit. I can't have the same orbits showing at each location because they end up picking up the calls from the wrong place.

Thanks --- Tom
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Need More Park Orbits - 03/30/10 05:22 PM
Send the call to a virtual station and give them an appearance. It will flash but not ring. Don't forget to set DPU to on so it will flash!
Posted By: Connextions Re: Need More Park Orbits - 03/30/10 05:41 PM
Thanks Larry. Thats what I've got set up now, just didn't know if there was any other options.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Need More Park Orbits - 03/30/10 05:48 PM
Sorry

I try to think of something else, this is going to happen more and more with remote locations
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: Need More Park Orbits - 03/30/10 05:54 PM
There's always the HLDPK feature. It works somewhat the same as Park, but they press the hold button. The user then presses the HLDPK button and enters the trunk number of the call that was placed on hold.
Posted By: Connextions Re: Need More Park Orbits - 03/30/10 06:51 PM
My dilemma is that I want all the offices to function the same way since they have rotating staff. With a true Park Key they can be on a call and simply press the park key and the call is placed there. All of the other work arounds require at least 2 buttons to be pressed and I've learned that especially with this customer I have to keep it very very simple.
Posted By: FONEFXR Re: Need More Park Orbits - 03/30/10 06:58 PM
I have used Larry’s suggestion many times with ns keys. That allows you unlimited park orbits by using one node as the primary and all the rest as secondary with ns key locations. It works flawlessly with a single key press. If you need details please feel free to PM me.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help