atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mfecko 7100/7200 UCD Group - 04/13/10 09:37 AM
Got a customer that occasionally gets heavy traffic. His staff are to0 "busy" to login / logout. Auto logout would leave them out beacuse they're too "busy" to log back in.

The UCD works beautifully when "agents" are in a busy condition and overflows to the 500 group following the overflow timer.

The problem is that in a RNA state, the UCD call just sits and rings... forever.

I've been testing this on a 7100 in shop.
Anyone have a thought on how to handle this RNA situation in a UCD group??

If I make this group a normal group, the call rings the group, RNA then rings the 500 group, rings 500once and begins the cycle over again. The busy station scenario does ring to the 500 group properly, but again the RNA doesn't seem to behave as described in the manual....

Thanks
Posted By: Vernon Telecom Re: 7100/7200 UCD Group - 04/13/10 10:00 AM
The UCD is designed in a call centre environment to present calls to available call centre agents, where the agents are there only to answer calls.

The staff agent would need to take the handset off hook to indicate to the UCD that he/she is "logged in but not available" to take calls. Using the handset makes it "more obvious" that the agent is "not ready" than logging out - and then forgetting to log back in.
Posted By: mcrackin Re: 7100/7200 UCD Group - 04/13/10 10:22 AM
Also from what I read you are not correctly programmed for the UCD to work properly. You need 2 groups. One group being a UCD group with your agents. And another group with you voicemail members with a type of VMS UCD. You overflow to the VMS UCD group not 500. Then you will the proper queue. Dont forget to program your prompts for the queue to announce them
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help