atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Onesource Telecom Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/16/11 02:05 PM
I have a golf course with an OS7030. I restart the system and you can change greetings, record messages, etc. for a day. Then every time you try to change a greeting, leave a message...record anything it tells you "recording can not be made at this time." Am about to default and upgrade software. Anyone have this problem? I did initialize the voicemail and it worked for a day and a half.
Posted By: nameless Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/16/11 08:02 PM
what does the port activity /logs show when this occurs?
Nothing. Sometimes it does not even show the call.
Posted By: 6string Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/17/11 10:50 AM
I'm not sure the issue is the same but I've had something similar happen on a OS7100 with embedded VM. Callers could not leave messages they would hear "your message can not be recorded at this time please try again later" and the VM was clearly not full. I popped out the SD Card and pushed it back in. Problem would disappear for a day. Then it would return the next. I went back and upon more checking I could not format the card and re-load it either. I replaced the SD Card.
Thank you. They promise a 5 year warranty, but I am finding out how limited that is. Looks great on paper...worthless after 90 days. They want me to remove the customers 7030 and send it for repair. It'w Golf Season almost!
By the way...I saw HDD errors, but there is no HD. That was the first time it happened. Sent IP to tech support and they sent to Samsung. They recommended the initialize, default and then send for repair.
Posted By: 6string Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/18/11 06:51 PM
-------"Thank you. They promise a 5 year warranty, but I am finding out how limited that is."

I know what you mean. Things have changed alot over the years. Theres no such thing as free technical support and their not making it any easier for under warranty equipment. Everything is send in for repair.
Posted By: BOBSOLDJUNK Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/19/11 05:48 PM
Default and reload. this should clear the memory of the 7030 and clear the error sections of the files. upload the new software I sent Bob L and hand reload the network and wip info. program a pairing for the golf pro and set day night ring groups.
don't upload from a recent backup the files might be corrupted. call the guy who installed it and see if he will sell you the backup from the install for a few bucks. anyway remember to program the button and hold timer.
that should solve it for you.
seen this on the 7100's always works.
Posted By: 6string Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/20/11 01:14 PM
"golf pro"
"button and hold timer"

What are you talking about?

Like I said before. Reload or replace the SD Card.
There is no SD card on a 7030 and "Bobsoldjunk" was my installer at the time.
Posted By: TELCOM Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/22/11 02:28 PM
Install your spare system hand program it. Send the old one in for repair. When it comes back slip it back in and upload the database. What on the five year warranty is limited?
Posted By: 6string Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/22/11 04:40 PM
"spare system"

Who has a spare system laying around ready for backup situations like this?

If the problem is going to down the customer or put them out to dry for a return repair that is usually a 30 day turn around. Thats not good business and thats a big "Thanks for selling our product but sorry about your luck". Heck I'm still waiting for an RMA (RMA number for a card only 4 months old) for a trunk card that I deamed bad three weeks ago. I'm glad we had one in stock as a replacement for our customer. I can't imagine a situation like lightning damage where many cards were hit. I was told lightning damage is considered under warranty.

I'm just saying it gets frustrating. It seems like the dealers and their hard earned customers don't seem to matter as much anymore. It's not just Samsung, its everywhere you turn.
Posted By: BOBSOLDJUNK Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/22/11 08:35 PM
re: Spare System
the dealer agreement requires you to have some backup equipment on hand. some have gotten away from this over the years because the stuff works. but you should have something. that said, Samsung is like everybody else in this new world order. Maximize you income, charge for everything. the tech support is good. they will work a problem for you and they don't charge you if it a software or hardware and they are at fault.
Posted By: Noisycow Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 04/23/11 11:56 AM
**OT**

Correct. We always have at least one of every system on hand and spare cards. A customer who buys from a actual dealer deserves nothing less. All systems are built on a bench, tested over a few days before taken to an installation. It saves us and the customers from a lot of grief.

Instead of a glass palace, Yellow Page ad, overpaid sales reps, or other wastes of money. Keeping spares and pre-testing installations is priority #1.
Posted By: BOBSOLDJUNK Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 05/02/11 08:13 PM
Just a update
the end result was a corrupted language file. deleting the file resolved the issue of not able to leave a message. I also updated the software to 4.53b that gives me a easy path for reinstalling the fresh language pack. I think a power outage might have corrupted the files and think that a ups would be money well spent.
The problem is back. Once again I am getting "recording can not be made at this time."
Posted By: BOBSOLDJUNK Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 05/04/11 04:26 PM
yep looks like you will need to send it back removing the prompt file will restore the ability to record but sadly no prompts to help the user along. I would call samsung directly and talk to one of the product managers about the problem. they might advance a replacement if they agree that the problem is firmware issue. they are petty good about any known issue and will try and help next best bet is to contact the folks who sold it to you and see if they will advance one just to keep a customer happy.
Posted By: badger2003 Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 05/19/11 06:47 AM
I think i know what may be causing the problem - though it's a bit of an educated guess....

Are the external lines analogue?

I suspect the analogue lines are taking time to clear down (in the UK we need to adjust network CPC timers). As a result, the VM still thinks a call is connected to the mailbox.

I believe the VM can only route a single call to a mailbox at a time.

Therefore call recording cannot be made at this time as the mailbox is seen to be in use.

Program up some DT keys to see of trunks are remaining open.
Test my theory by making a call to a phone forwarded to VM whislt leaving a message on another extn.
Monitor the VM see if the port is clearing down.

Hope this helps
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: Samsung os7030 vm will not record - 05/19/11 12:06 PM
pm sent, have seen this happen and fixed.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help