atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: otter_81 Hold feature on Auto Attendant?? - 04/19/11 01:56 PM
I have a new customer that is getting a 7200. 4-53 software, svmi 20e. What they want is to have their Main DID ring 6 times on all phones during the day time, then if not answered forward to Day Main Menu...easy enough. However, He wants the prompt to say "thank you for calling ABC Company, if you know your extension you may enter it now, to leave a message in the general mailbox press 1, or to continue holding remain on the line."

I'm trying to come up with a solution to the "hold" for "No Entry". A UCD group won't work because we can't use "Unconditional" as a ring type to ring all the phones, and they do not want it to ring a group on the no entry...I can't think of any plausible solution that will work in this fashion. Any thoughts/ideas?

I appreciate the input, thanks!
Posted By: nameless Re: Hold feature on Auto Attendant?? - 04/20/11 03:37 AM
If they don't want it to ring a group on the no entry "hold" what do they want it todo?

UCD seems like the obvious answer, you can use unconditional ring type, but it doesn't abide by the settings in MMC607 however, but the overflow to vm will work, but you can't do the vm programming they want on a ucd prompt as it won't goto a menu.

You are going to have to setup multiple station groups i think
Posted By: 6string Re: Hold feature on Auto Attendant?? - 04/20/11 01:25 PM
Well, during their busy times their going to have trunks held on the system and chances are employees may not pick up the calls. Their request sounds counter productive. I would suggest that they give the caller options in the Day Menu for different departments or to leave messages.

You said:
"6 times on all phones during the day time"
But you can't use unconditional? Why?
Posted By: otter_81 Re: Hold feature on Auto Attendant?? - 04/28/11 01:49 PM
I don't have the option to set a ucd group for unconditional. It only gives me sequential/distribute. We've come to a workaround with the customer, after 6 rings and not answered it will go to the day menu and if there is no entry will go to a general mailbox (which is what we recommended from the beginning).
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help