atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Catfish OS 7100 Mystery Rebooting - 07/06/11 04:42 PM
OS 7100, v4.46d.

Customer says the system will reboot daily, usually between 9am and 10am, phones go dark, then Ver shows and in a bit it's back. On one occasion they opened the office in the morning to find the phones hung, so powered down and back up. Problem has been going on for about 10 days (I wish they would call sooner!), installation is about 6 weeks old. I'm not finding anything unusual in the copy of the backup. I was going to go there on Monday to see if I can catch it doing it and/or update the software to v4.53c. Anything I should look for? I'm drawing a blank and the software update is just me grasping at straws. smile
Posted By: sbcsolutions Re: OS 7100 Mystery Rebooting - 07/06/11 11:27 PM
I had something similar... the system was reeboting due to watchdog, the problem was that ISDN was sending some signaling the PBX wasn't able to manage, so it rebooted. But this happened a while ago, over v4.21c. The problem was solve on v4.30d.
Posted By: Lacota Re: OS 7100 Mystery Rebooting - 07/06/11 11:59 PM
Also take a look in the Alarm history you might find it points to a card or you might have some Fan error.
Posted By: Noisycow Re: OS 7100 Mystery Rebooting - 07/07/11 01:15 AM
Is it a network node? C.O. transfers to another node caused a reset pre-version C. If you set up a ring in hunt group pre-C that overflows to a station/group that also causes a reset.

C fixed it.
Posted By: nameless Re: OS 7100 Mystery Rebooting - 07/07/11 02:06 AM
I have found several os7100's lateley that watchdog reset due to something on the customers network.
Posted By: Catfish Re: OS 7100 Mystery Rebooting - 07/07/11 08:40 AM
No, not a network node, not connected to the customer's network. There is a CO overflow to a station. Looks like a software upgrade is in order. Thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help