atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Catfish SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/06/11 05:00 PM
I have an attorney's office with an OS 100 with SVMi-4E. They are routinely running out of space for messages, I've gotten them trained to delete messages as soon as possible and they're actually doing it but a couple times a month the problem occurs and so it has to wait for maint to run at 2am or I drive 65 miles to run it manually (no one there want to attempt it or I'd just set them up to do it themselves).

Has anyone successfully imaged the 64MB CF the SVMi-4E ships with with somesthing else, say a 2GB CF? The O/S version Datalight ROM-DOS Version 7.1 should be able to address 2GB. I was going to experiment on our system over the weekend, but was wondering if anyone else had tried this or if I would just be wasting my time. Thanks!
Posted By: nameless Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/07/11 02:08 AM
I've done 128mb i think but thats about it.

In theory you should be able to get 2gb as its fat16
Posted By: ATechguy Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/07/11 04:04 AM
You could delete some of the Languages not used on the svmi4e , i did this on a svmi4 that had same problems.
Posted By: Catfish Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/07/11 08:58 AM
Ah, yes, excellent idea ATechguy! Thanks!

I can't even find a 128MB CF any longer.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/07/11 11:43 AM
You can also set the Svmi 4e to do maintenance once a week or even daily.
Posted By: mfecko Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/11/11 08:35 AM
I've moved VM to a 512MB
Plenty of room.....
Posted By: frodo_35 Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/11/11 09:05 AM
If you have not had that 4e modded you will have nothing but problems. As you had a 64 meg look for fly wires on both sides of the card if they are not there you cannot run above a 128 meg on that 4e.
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/11/11 07:16 PM
Just curious. Have you gone into port activity and entered the "mess" When we get this type of call it is usually due to an old mailbox with messages on it or a user needlessly saving all of his messages.
Posted By: nameless Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/12/11 01:35 AM
Sell them a svmi8e?
Posted By: Catfish Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/12/11 11:11 AM
Thanks for all the replies. RM, first thing I do on those calls is check the messages and where they're piling up, and I delete all mailboxes not needed. Frodo, I have no idea what a fly wire is, but 128MB should be sufficient. Nameless, I'd rather sell them a new system! laugh
Posted By: bmreen Re: SVMi-4E Compact Flash Question - 07/12/11 03:54 PM
I just had a SVMI-2e that only had about 29 messages on it and was giving the customer an storage alarm. Found out it was a bunch of files in the TEMP folder. Once I deleted them they gained about 2 hours worth of storage.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help