atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: WestonF01 Samsung 7100 - 07/21/11 04:53 PM
Hi everyone, I found the site earlier today while trying to help my boss troubleshoot some issues we're having with a phone system. It's a tad complex, and I'm very new so I don't know the lingo to use. Please be gentle!

1) A dentist office has an existing analog phone system with 10 trunks and three incoming lines.

2) My boss is installing a new digital system, the Samsung 7100. Per some other threads I read, I thought I would mention we are using no cards of any kind.

3) The trunks are working inside the office, but when we attempt to dial out on any of the four we currently have up, we get the message "All trunks Out of Service".

To the best of our knowledge the system was not reset.

The lines coming in too the service closet run to the old system. My boss is attempting to bridge these over to the new system which is in another closet on the other side of the office.

I should note that he just lost his two experienced techs to the local phone company, and so we are all he's got. He has taken some kind of training course with Samsung (a level one programming course... or something?) but that's all we've got to go on at this point. I have pics of the system if that's allowed in the forum, in order to help me troubleshoot. (If not then I apologize, my intent is not to give away Samsung's information)

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Posted By: WestonF01 Re: Samsung 7100 - 07/22/11 05:52 AM
Did I do something wrong?
Posted By: Progressive Re: Samsung 7100 - 07/22/11 06:38 AM
I don't understand how you aren't using any cards... sounds like you need 2 UNI cards the 1st with a 4TM, and (2) 4SM and (1) 4SM on the second UNI card. That will give you 12 analog extensions and 4 CO lines you will have room to add (2) additional 4SM, 4DM, or 4TM cards on the second UNI card...
Posted By: Progressive Re: Samsung 7100 - 07/22/11 06:42 AM
NOTE: if you are using DIGITAL PHONES (feature buttons and display) you will need 4DM cards instead of the 4SM.
Posted By: WestonF01 Re: Samsung 7100 - 07/22/11 07:14 AM
Thank you Progressive. We are using digital phones. I will. Check this and post back.
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: Samsung 7100 - 07/25/11 08:08 AM
If you are using 4 digital phones so far that means that you have a 4DLM card on the processor card. Therefore you need a unicard with a 4trm and 2 4dlm. That will give you 4 co lines and 12 digital stations total. Then you program accordingly.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help