atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DebNEI Boss/Secretary function - 09/26/11 05:24 AM
I am having an issue with groups so I wanted to see how the Boss/Secretary feature works. I can see that in MMC303 I simply add the extension of the secretary next to the Boss, is there anything elase I have to do either in the system or on the phone to make this work?

Deb
Posted By: nameless Re: Boss/Secretary function - 09/26/11 10:19 AM
I've never used it, but i vaguely remember seeing soemthing about it in COS...
Posted By: Gerrya Re: Boss/Secretary function - 09/26/11 12:54 PM
you can have one boss and up to 4 secretarys
but you must have a dedicated boss key on all extns even boss plus a station designated as boss may not be assigned as a secretary of of another boss hope that makes sense
Posted By: DebNEI Re: Boss/Secretary function - 09/27/11 03:42 AM
I think the Boss/Secretary thing is not what I was looking for. if I did the programming right, this is used as an intercom between two people, correct?

Deb
Posted By: Gerrya Re: Boss/Secretary function - 09/27/11 09:21 AM
boss secretary is use so the secretary can take can filter calls for the boss internal as well as extnl
Posted By: nameless Re: Boss/Secretary function - 09/28/11 02:29 AM
What exactley are you trying to achieve that stn group and boss/secretary arn't working?
Posted By: DebNEI Re: Boss/Secretary function - 09/28/11 04:39 AM
I have setup a bunch of Groups and one is not working now, the caller goes to our main voicemail box instead of the main person's voicemail which it was doing for a long time, so I was looking into setting up a Boss/Secretary thing but was not sure how it all worked and didn't know how to set it up, but I saw it in the 7400 system so was wondering how it differed from Groups.
Posted By: nameless Re: Boss/Secretary function - 09/28/11 12:58 PM
Sounds like your problem is a mailbox has been deleted.

What does the port activity show when the call ends up in the main mailbox instead of the other one?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help