atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fabasard It's bad - 10/17/11 01:30 PM
We have a Samsung DCS 400SI. I have been shown enough to know that my particular phone is in Cabinet 1 (that's the bottom cabinet, so I am told), Slot 5 (which matches up to what someone hand wrote as 3, I presume this is cable 3, they wrote it on the cable), and port 17. C1-S05-P17. All that said, the line is working fine, but I am the guy that is supposed to know how to identify each line. I have the "fox and hound" and have created a way to connect the toner (fox) to my phone jack. The line (near the jack) makes a good tone, but when I move to the phone closet, I am unable to locate it. I know this is noise on the line. Nothing is labeled on my 66 boards. I don't mind tripping (short it out) my phone to locate it, but I do not want to trip anyone else's phone. Is there a way to locate that tone? Would turning off the PBX help to unmask the sound? IF I could find one line, mine perhaps, then I believe I could figure out where everything else is.
Also, on the 66-boards, the are 25 pair and split (left side and right side, two left and two right) How do I know to look on the left side or the right side? Network is my thing, not phone. I have all the toys and know how to use them, but I can't find the fox...
Please help a noob.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: It's bad - 10/17/11 10:57 PM
Cabinet 1 would have the CPU in it. That would be the DCCP circuit card, it has a label on the front, look for it.

Then look for a card that says D24DL in the same cabinet and has a label SLOT 5 at the bottom of the card.

Follow the cable back to the blocks and there on the 17th pair would be YOUR station.

Cabinet 1, Slot 5, Port 17, pretty easy.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help