atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jody Dead Extensions - 11/23/11 07:58 AM
Folks,

I have 2 dead extensions on my system. I get nothing out of them even if I patch the phones directly into the patch cabinet.

I know on a previous PBX system I had there was a way to reliven dead extensions that hadn't been used in quite a while, and I'd say that's all that's wrong with these 2. However that was through Reflections.

Is there a way to reliven an extension through the Officeserv system? Or another way to get them going again?

thanks,

Jody
Posted By: Gerrya Re: Dead Extensions - 11/23/11 10:43 AM
When you say dead extns on what system .Have you proved its the card have you changed the card to differnt position to see if fault goes to new position
I would try these things before trying anything else you might have a bad card
Posted By: tatenda Re: Dead Extensions - 11/24/11 10:46 PM
Extension ports do get faulty indivually, lightning or by coming into contact with AC Mains in trunking or otherwise. It is possible that after resetting the card in MMC806 you will still not get any output from those 2 ports.
Posted By: nameless Re: Dead Extensions - 11/25/11 02:59 AM
If its a OS7200 <4.21 then there was an issue where dli ports would change to be sli ports in the db, the only way to fix this was a default and re-upload
Posted By: PatsRule14 Re: Dead Extensions - 11/28/11 06:09 AM
Assuming it is a Officeserv, plug a known good station card in a different position, like Gerrya said, if that doesnt work I would back up evertyhing, initialize the switch and see if those ports power up, if not they are bad. BTW if you call Samsung on this they will have you jump through many hoops (replace the processor card, the cabinet, etc) because they wont beleiev that you would ever have a bad port nevermind 2, but then i finally reached someone who admitted that at one time they were sending out station cards with bad ports on them. just a FYI.
Posted By: Tariq Re: Dead Extensions - 11/30/11 01:22 AM
I thing there is very sinple answer that ports are become faulty,it happened for Sli and for trunk so many times in Pakistan,but good thing there we are able to fix it by replacing the SLIC,unfortunately i could not find the new slic so i am just repairing them.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help