atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: afgncaap Call Recording and Bogus IP Header Length - 08/29/12 08:29 PM
I've been attempting to troubleshoot an issue I've been having with our OS7400 PBX and Trivium's SonicView that has left me scratching my head. According to Trivium, their software won't pick up a call to record if the call's VoIP packets have too few (anything fewer than 20) bytes to a packet header. Might anybody have any thoughts on where to even start approaching this? I've never really run into a problem like this before, where a phone isn't sending out the proper length packet header. I suppose I should also add that it is the phones themselves, and not the PBX, that are transmitting improper length header packets. Any thoughts?
For what you pay for that software, THEY should be doing the troubleshooting or adjusting THEIR software. That is NOT pocket change software. Lay it on them. Don't take it that it is YOUR problem, they wrote the software.
i see bogus ip header length messages in wireshark when it hasn't been configured correctly. the ITP phones use UDP9000 for the RTP traffic, this is also used by the PCLI protocol. Also you need to make sure you are using g.711 for the codec as all the voip call recorders i've seen can't decode g.729(a) i can send you the guide samsung here wrote on howto use wireshark as this may assist as it talks about all the settings for wireshark to decode the RTP stream
Thanks! I'd love to see what docs you've got on the subject.
Nameless, Is there a chance i could have a copy of the How to Guide.
Email me and i will send it to you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help