atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nlodoen SVMi-20E Compact Flash Card Replacement - 10/01/12 04:52 PM
I have a six year old SVMi-20E system which has been experiencing multiple file corruption episodes on the compact flash card (block.tbl most recently). Each time it happens we have to either manually correct/replace the corrupt configuration or restore the corrupted files (if we can identify them) from backup. My hunch is that the compact flash card has reached it's write count limit. If I were to replace the compact flash card with a new one, what is the best way to copy the file system from the old flash card to the new one? Can it be done just using the same method used for backing up and restoring the system (i.e. via FTP)? Will this work for any hidden files? Thanks.

Nathan
Hi Nathan,
The whole DTA folder could be corrupt.
I would say try upgrading the firmware of the SVMI-20, from memory the latest is 5.4.1.1?
If i remeber correctly you will also loose the programming but by the sounds of it this isnt a bad thing if the VM is corrupt.
I would say to backup your DTA, MSG, MBX and PMT folder just to be sure but dont re-upload the DTA folder as this will downgrade the SVMI-20 to the old level again. (hence why you need to prgram from scratch).
I hope this helps.
Phil
Posted By: nlodoen Re: SVMi-20E Compact Flash Card Replacement - 10/05/12 03:16 PM
Thanks for the reply Phil. I really think that the compact flash card is the root of the issue as the same thing has happened multiple times and so would like to move everything from the old card to a new one and was just wondering the best way to do this. Thanks again.

Nathan
Posted By: nameless Re: SVMi-20E Compact Flash Card Replacement - 10/06/12 01:45 PM
The backup/resotre method works between cf cards.

There are only about 5 files in the dta folder that need to be backed up, nad only the prompts you have recorded from the pmt folder need to be backed up/restored
Posted By: nlodoen Re: SVMi-20E Compact Flash Card Replacement - 10/15/12 02:52 PM
Thanks nameless - I'll give the backup/restore a try as I have nothing to lose.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help