atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Al Rondon OfficeServ 7100 - Ring Delay? - 10/09/12 10:41 PM
Hello -

Can I set a Ring Plan to pickup after so many rings? I would like to have that option but do not see it in the programming. Might just be the wording is different then I'm used to.

Thanks again,

Al
Posted By: nameless Re: OfficeServ 7100 - Ring Delay? - 10/10/12 12:56 AM
Station groups have an overflow time and overflow destination which is think is what your looking for
Posted By: Al Rondon Re: OfficeServ 7100 - Ring Delay? - 10/24/12 05:17 AM
Hey Mate -

I'm having a bit of trouble in that, when I include my voicemail group (519) in the "next port" field, after the overflow time elapses, a generic recording picks up the call, instead of my vmail port. In the Device Manager, it is at 4.1.1. I play with the overflow time, and it does change the seconds but it's the generated voice, "I'm sorry. That party is unavailable...", that I am getting, instead of my voicemail prompt.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: OfficeServ 7100 - Ring Delay? - 10/24/12 09:34 PM
You're probably hearing the canned greeting for extension group 500 when the call forwards, or the canned greeting for whichever group you are forwarding to the voice mail group from.

I usually delete the station groups from the subscribers in the voice mail system to avoid a lot of goofy message things.
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: OfficeServ 7100 - Ring Delay? - 10/25/12 07:38 PM
Jbean is correct, you are hearing the no answer greeting for extension 500. Because you cannot get rid of 500 you can do a forward trunk or use group 501 for incoming calls which you can delete from subscriber. If you use 501, make sure you set NONE to 501 in mmc 741 other wise after maintenance 501 will come back and you'll be back onsite fixing monday morning(speaking from experience).
Posted By: Al Rondon Re: OfficeServ 7100 - Ring Delay? - 10/25/12 11:39 PM
Thank you. I am a newbee to this system and so learning on the run. Fortunately I set the system for remote access. I did some programming in in the voice mail for station and trunk forwarding but I left the group working as 500. I will try it tonight after client leaves and will post my outcome.

Thanks again,

al
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help