atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: candulj Prostar 816 plus - 11/11/12 10:58 PM
Boss purchased a used Samsung Prostar 816 Plus PBX and 8 816 keystations for me to connect to our exisiting phone services. We have an existing Comcast Business Voice Class service Modem. This modem allready has 4 CO voice lines setup in a hunt group and a 5th CO line for fax . Each CO line has it's own number assigned to it. The Boss wants to have a Sales Hunt Group on Lines 1,2,3,4. Do I cancel the active hunt group services from Comcast and reprogram the Hunt Groups on the PBX's ports line 1,2,3,4? or do I leave the Comcast Hunt Group service active and configure the PBX with the additional Hunt groups available in the PBX? Also, how can I determine if this modem is "loop start" instead of "ground start"?. Thanks in advance.

Joe
Posted By: KLD Re: Prostar 816 plus - 11/12/12 12:10 AM
Hi, Joe. smile

Obviously you are not a telephone tech. IT guy, right?

In open public forums we only give general user guide information. PM one of the forum mods and they may help you. There may be a charge.

Good Luck, Joe. aok
If Comcast already has a 1, 2, 3, 4 hunt order just leave it alone and make some test calls in and see if it works.

If your trunks are ground start you won't be able to make outgoing calls.

Posted By: KLD Re: Prostar 816 plus - 11/12/12 10:54 AM
Bunnie, another no-no.... doh
Posted By: candulj Re: Prostar 816 plus - 11/12/12 11:38 PM
Hi Ken,
Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.
Joe
Posted By: candulj Re: Prostar 816 plus - 11/12/12 11:44 PM
Hi Bunnie,
Thank you so much for your input. I humbly appreciate it. I hate it when the boss thinks because I'm an IT guy I can figure out some technology that I have limited understanding of. I will try calling out of one of the CO's and see what gives. I hope it works, this way I'll just have to figure out how to program the incoming Co's to the individual phone lines associated with each station's line buttons. Thanks for all you do. Blessings and Light, Joe
My dear KLD: The 816 doesn't have a hunt group order, the digitals do, no one should pay a technician to find out that their ksu doesn't have a feature, that is just plain robbery.

Neither did the 816 have ground start trunks.

He could have found out the same information had he accessed a Samsung General Description, in the public domain, certainly not a technician manual.

Nothing I said was a secret told only to technicians, you may check with the Samsung moderators, PLEASE.

May the good old boys get off my back.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help