atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: msnell 7200S Email Gateway .wav Files Sound Bad - 12/13/12 07:10 AM
Just installed Samsung OS 7200S 4.60B

All email gateway messages are distorted for all users on outside calls only.

Internal email gateway messages sound fine.

All messages in voicemail box sound fine.

Just email gateway .wav files sound distorted coming in on an outside line.

Phone service is Cox cable plain old telephone service.

Any suggestions?

MikeS In VA.

Posted By: Kaiser Re: 7200S Email Gateway .wav Files Sound Bad - 12/16/12 11:15 PM
I've seen that if the volume is low that the messages kind of break up or sound old school cellularish. Low and crumbly sounding.

I would test by leaving yourself messages speaking REALLY LOUDLY and really softly and see if the pattern holds true. Then you could mess with the VM volume or trunk volumes or look for other solutions or ideas once you've isolated the conditions for crummy vmail to email quality.
Can you access ANY regular dial tones other than Cox to substitute and compare quality? They could be giving you very low bandwidth, hence the good internal and bad external quality.

Maybe even temporarily "steal" the use of some other telco line in the main phone room to make a couple local calls after 5 PM or heaven forbid ask permission.
Posted By: msnell Re: 7200S Email Gateway .wav Files Sound Bad - 12/21/12 02:06 PM
I finally went to MMC805 and set ATRK-SVMi to attenuation level -2.5 and everything seems to be fine.

The .wav email gateway messages do not seem to be distorted now.

Thanks All.

MikeS in VA
Posted By: Shawn_G Re: 7200S Email Gateway .wav Files Sound Bad - 12/27/12 06:37 AM
Cox' IADs tend to deliver analog lines super loud; 805 is almost always going to need a tweak in those scenarios. They really need to start setting their boxes up better!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help