atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: T.C SIP TRUNK INCOMING CALL FAILURE - 12/31/12 04:43 PM
OS 7200 V4.60B- Problem- Incoming call via SIP trunk rings station group- reception answers call- shows opposite hang up on display- reception hangs up- call rings station group..etc...etc

Outgoing calls are fine.

If i make an external call from site BACK in to the PBX on main number or DDI then the call connects fine.

Service Provider says fault with PBX due to not sending Codec G7.11 (there Cisco has a known bug so they have asked for this codec to be sent)

Trace is showing a 487 request terminated.

I have set G.711 as the priority codec in 5.2.12 and 5.2.13 for SIP Peering 1 all other codecs are disabled in these menus.

Any ideas or suggestions i have copies of Trace from network provider if needed.

I have had the system working via SIP trunks on a different Public IP and using a draytek, using the same service provider, hence i'm not convinced the system is at fault.
Posted By: nameless Re: SIP TRUNK INCOMING CALL FAILURE - 01/01/13 12:53 AM
If the system and carrier can't agree on a codec then the call will fail.

There is an issue with the system sending more codec's then it should during the call setup negotiations in versions prior to 4.63 (this is what causes the issue with calls into the system from Microsoft Lync).

I would like to see the trace and system config.

You say that you had it working using a draytek and different public ip, what else has changed?
Posted By: T.C Re: SIP TRUNK INCOMING CALL FAILURE - 01/01/13 04:04 PM
Nothing else has changed. On site customer had two ADSL connections, one for internet and the other for voice.

We used the adsl for internet as a temporary solution for voice as the assured service for voice was delayed.

Wouldn't the call fail both ways i.e incoming and outgoing if the codec is not matching between the system and service provider?

I can send you the system DB and traces if you don't mind taking a look?
Posted By: nameless Re: SIP TRUNK INCOMING CALL FAILURE - 01/02/13 10:02 AM
You would think it would fail both ways, but I have a similar situation with a customer using microsoft lync, where calls from the system (OS7400 4.60b) to lync work, but calls from lync to the system fail.

I'm happy to take a look at what you've got.
Posted By: T.C Re: SIP TRUNK INCOMING CALL FAILURE - 01/02/13 02:52 PM
Many Thanks, how should i send the traces and system config to you?

Can i do it via the site?
Posted By: nameless Re: SIP TRUNK INCOMING CALL FAILURE - 01/02/13 06:01 PM
Zip them up and email them to me.

Cheers
Posted By: T.C Re: SIP TRUNK INCOMING CALL FAILURE - 01/02/13 07:48 PM
Email sent! Many Thanks aok
Did you try to make sure that the MGI was sending out the same codec as well?
Posted By: gippyphones0088 Re: SIP TRUNK INCOMING CALL FAILURE - 01/31/13 03:35 AM
in 5.2.13 you enable 'incoming call fixed codec' and set SIP trunk Pr1 to 'g711.a' and SIP trunk Pr2 to 'G711u'. Make sure Pr3 and Pr4 are set to none, if G729 is set as an option system will try and use anyway.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help