atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: palopaeus phantom phone calls - 01/18/13 05:05 PM
I have a customer with a 7100 V4.41a. For quite a long time now the manager's husband has been getting calls on his cell phone, and when he answers, there is nobody there. The calls are coming at random times day and night from one of the customer's phone lines which is line 4 on the phone system. There is no speed dial associated with that phone number, I couldn't find any instance of it in any outgoing call logs or voicemail notification. Any ideas where to look next?
Posted By: Gerrya Re: phantom phone calls - 01/18/13 06:19 PM
Have you looked in 102 to see if theres any fowards from any phones ?
Posted By: palopaeus Re: phantom phone calls - 01/18/13 06:47 PM
I did check and there are no forwards from any phones to this number. Also trunk group 9 starts at line 5 but these calls are always coming from line 4.
Posted By: Kaiser Re: phantom phone calls - 01/18/13 09:40 PM
I would look in the voicemail activity log.

Go to voicemail and go to Operating Utilities / Activity Log

That shows all the voicemail calls and a log of the voicemail processing activity. You should find your culprit in there.

There's a ton of a data to look through so you'll want immediate notification. If he gets one at night, have him text you. Then log in remotely or first thing in the morning and review the activity from the night before.

If it's always line 4 that sounds like a dead give away from the voicemail.
Posted By: Shawn_G Re: phantom phone calls - 01/19/13 01:25 AM
I'm with Kaiser: this sounds like a voicemail. Most likely it's not getting proper disconnect occasionally so when people hang up it's misreading the call as still being there and sending to a mailbox or dial block that's calling the husband.
Posted By: Kaiser Re: phantom phone calls - 01/19/13 11:46 AM
For quite a long time now the manager's husband has been getting calls on his cell phone, and when he answers, there is nobody there. The calls are coming at random times day and night...

Maybe, have her try to answer the phone pretending to be her husband?

hehehe
anyone
Posted By: Shawn_G Re: phantom phone calls - 01/19/13 10:37 PM
HA! Maybe the guy set this up as a way to cover at some future point when the calls are not vacant on the other side...
Posted By: palopaeus Re: phantom phone calls - 01/22/13 04:31 PM
I thought it would be the voicemail too, checked every line in activity log on one of the days that he received 4 of these calls but saw no indication of voicemail dialing that number. That's a great idea Kaiser, I'll ask him to text me immediately upon getting a call from that number.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help