atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chazrc Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/18/13 02:53 PM
I have a site that just switched over to Cbeyond with analog trunking. it is a 7100 MP 10. They are getting the caller id screech when answering the calls.

They hear the caller id buzz, then get dropped. I setup a hunt group to absorb the first rings, but no luck so far.

Is their a setting to deal with this issue on the trunk or station side?

They never had this issue with AT&T by the way.

Thanks,
Chaz

Posted By: Kaiser Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/18/13 05:16 PM
The Caller ID squelch comes between the first and second ring. The trunk light should come on solid for a few seconds (first ring+CID) before the telephone rings.

Is that the case?

Also check 2.6.5 Loop Start Trunk Option and make sure CLI Trunk = Yes
Posted By: chazrc Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/18/13 10:44 PM
CLI Trunk is on all 4 trunks. Tech Support said that it needed a MP-10a and new 8 TRK. This system has 4.30i. Why would it work great with AT&T, and not Cbeyond?

Its a 7100, i dont have room for a 8 prt trunk card. I will look at the lights next time, but I built a hunt group with one virtual in it, and put that ahead of the normal ring group. The idea was to give them system a few rings, before it rang the phones. It did help, but the site says they still hear the caller id noise.
Posted By: bmreen Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/19/13 12:15 AM
Extend the CID MSG RCV Timer.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/19/13 01:31 PM
I will try that. Hope that nails it. Before we go replacing hardware.

Thanks,
The customer picked the WORST CLEC outside of 4th world countries.

They should have 30 days to switch back to AT&T or another provider.

I would hope you are charging your customer full bore for your labor and know that Cbeyond will credit them NOTHING.

Bad decisions are the customer's responsibility not yours.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/20/13 02:33 AM
That MMC change did not fix our issue. We may have to meet onsite with all the parties to resolve this.
Thanks,
Chaz
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/20/13 04:17 AM
If you listen with your buttset do you hear the burst after the first ring and then never again?
Posted By: chazrc Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/20/13 12:36 PM
What we hear is the caller id tone between the 1 and 4th ring. it will give the tone, and drop the person who answered it. Caller keeps hearing ringing. Then it rings back to the 7100 hunt group.

It is random, and appears as if the caller id tone happens on answer, not in between the first and second ring.
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/20/13 06:17 PM
WTF? (well that's wonderful)

Cbeyond is the greatest carrier ever!
Sucks ASS
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/20/13 06:55 PM
Also, as a side note, I wouldn't suppose there's any alarm lines wired on these CO's are there? Sometimes, an alarm system will pick up calls too. Sometimes they're coded if a call ring no answers after so many rings then then alarm will pick up the next call and answer with it's weird, warbaly modem tone.
Good luck on the meet. You would do well to bring a single line (analog) phone with built in caller ID and use that off the line without the Samsung connected.

That will prove crapbeyond is the problem.
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/26/13 07:57 AM
I thought it was ShightBeyond
Posted By: Paul Robichaud Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/27/13 07:53 PM
i have had a few customers with simular problem,although it had nothing to do with caller ID,if the call was answered at a certain point during the ring cycle the user would hear an odd type of ring(kind of like when you monitor a ringing line with butt set).the call would drop then would ring back the system again.Outside caller would only hear normal ringing.I could pretty much time it when calling with my cell and answering it while i started to hear 2nd ring as the outside caller.
I spoke to tech support and they advised me to replace the 4TRK card with a NEW 4trk card.this fixed the trouble.It has happened on 3 or 4 sites.the telco provider in each case was not the traditional Bell/ATT telco but rather a Cable Company/telephone provider.Samsung said it had something to do with a change in ring voltage the Cable company was providing during the offhook answering state.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/27/13 08:02 PM
Update. Cbeyond changed out their IAD and it fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Caller ID Noise on 7100 - 02/27/13 08:37 PM
Thanks for the update Chazrc
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help