atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ken Moss Tech Passcod Problems - 07/08/13 06:21 PM
I recently picked up a used iDCS 100 off ebay to use in troubleshooting one of my locations. Maybe I can get some help on both problems.
1. The existing box, if you power cycle it and have the Ethernet connection plugged into the MCP1, it hangs on boot. I have replaced the processor and the power supply.

2. On the switch I just bought to use for board swaps, the person I purchased it from did not default it and the tech passcode is not the default. I have pulled the MCP 1 card, switched the switch off and left it that way for 30 minutes. When I put the card back in it still had it's programming. I have heard mention of a back door to override this. Any suggestions? I ave a digital phone hooked to it.

Thanks in advance,
Ken
Posted By: frodo_35 Re: Tech Passcod Problems - 07/08/13 07:48 PM
No passwords on the open forum. That being said if you are defaulting it anyway and your switch to clear mem is bad just unsolder and remove the super cap. That will bypass any problems with your clear mem switch. If the password does not default then your mcp is bad. You can test with the super cap out and if it works you most likely have a bad clear mem switch. If you try to ohm the switch out remember there is power from the cap so ohm out the switch with the cap removed.
Posted By: Ken Moss Re: Tech Passcod Problems - 07/08/13 08:15 PM
It doesn't appear to have helped. What is the chance that a backup was made to the flash and that it keeps restoring?

I really need to to figure this out, Samsung needs a bunch of letters from prior owners and dealers to get you the override password.
Posted By: frodo_35 Re: Tech Passcod Problems - 07/08/13 08:55 PM
The mcp1 uses volatile memory for the working database and nonvolatile(hard written on the ic) for the default database stored on u400. If the unit will not clear the memory with the super cap pulled you have a problem with that board. You might restore the default files using the sio restore but that is not a procedure for the novice and requires the right software and building an adapter etc...
Posted By: Ken Moss Re: Tech Passcod Problems - 07/08/13 09:08 PM
I have done firmware updates in the past just never over sio. Do you know if there are written instructions on this, even a product bulletin on the GSBN web site?
Posted By: nameless Re: Tech Passcod Problems - 07/10/13 07:24 AM
The issue you have is that the system is auto restoring the db backup upon bootup when you are clearing the memory.

If you can get in via SIO you might be able to delete the backup file (never tried) and then boot your system up with the memory switch off and it will be default (ie require you to select the country, etc)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help