atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: andma access bootrom on OS7030 - 07/17/13 12:42 AM
its been mentioned you can reload a corrupted bootrom into th OS7030 has anyone got the documentation or can tell me how to do it.
Posted By: OldNetworkGuy Re: access bootrom on OS7030 - 07/17/13 08:13 PM
Andma. I actually recovered a 7030 with a lot of help from a guy I met on the group. At the time, the system was new and my distributor had approved replacement so I didn't feel like I had a lot to use. It's probably been 2 years so I don't recall all the details. The SIO cable build was easy and was helpful to see the boot-up log and crash point. I just used a 3-pin header connector I had from an old computer and wired it to a CAT5 jack to match up with my Cisco console cable and used HyperTerminal.

Everything else in the process was sketchy because the instructions didn't match up exactly with what my system displayed so I improvised a lot! I did not have access to some of the .bin files required and it didn't appear they could be downloaded from GSBN either. So the guy sent me his non-US version. Something I typically would not do but didn't have anything to lose so I pushed forward.

If it had been a customer system instead of my shop system I probably would not have taken the chance in fear of totally bricking the system.

It's a shame because I do this ROM level firmware upgrade all the time with computers & routers and the process is supported by the Vendor. It was very convenient to do this in the field as apposed to shipping unit back to Samsung.

The guy that helped me was overseas and apparently had access to some of the local Samsung tech guys from Korea. My tech guys in the US never heard of the process. So, I would suggest proceed at your own risk and have better intell than I did to move forward.

If had to do it again I would want direct support\blessing from Samsung....just in case.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help