atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kaiser Can't get Samsung Xchange Server to connect - 08/11/13 11:34 PM
It just stares at me...

SQL and everything is installed... I get to telephone system and I put in:

Type Samsung OfficeServ
Connect to Link - No
IP Address : The local IP address of my phone system
Auto Create - Yes and I press Force Now

The log shows Connecting, Connecing to IP..., Negotiated Version 2.0001
No New Devices Found and just repeats.

It doesn't seem to connect. I turn off Windows Firewall and same thing.

Perhaps does the Open TSP need to be turned on in the switch or something?
Got it:

5.6.1. System I/O Parameter CTI IP Address = the address of my computer running the XChange Server

(((BA-BAM)))

Awww-yeaahh, that's how we do it in da hood!

Sweet, I am now Samsung Xchanging!

Another question, how can I run Server and Xchange Dial on the same machine?

I want to be able to take out my one laptop to demo this for a customer. with Link and Communicator Deskphone Mode, I just make the server IP 127.0.0.1 but this doesn't seem to fly with XChange Dial config.

Any thoughts?
For demo's you can run the server on a virtual machine and dial on your real machine, works perfect.
I use virtualbox running the xpmode image that came on windows 7.

Your original problem however baffles me because i've done several xchange installs have have not once had to edit anything in the system to allow server to connect. I would call Mondago tech support and see what they say, they have been very helpful to me so far.
Are you running 4.70 software?
Samsung Xchange uses the OS Link interface, and therefore requires the ip address to be entered into the management ip whitelist (you can't leave this blank)
Hmmm... I am on v4.70 and once I put the Xchange server computer's IP into the 5.6.1 CTI IP Address field it started working.

The Mondago (pronounced like Rhonda-go) rep told me that I should just be able to put 'localhost' into the Server IP Address field and run in on the same machine that way.

I'm upgrading my version 2.3 to version 2.4 and will try it then.
Careful doing that, there license needs to be updated on mondago's servers before you upgrade
nameless:
I think you only need OS link installed if you are going run softphone mode. The offices i have setup so far including our own are running in desktop mode with only xchange server installed on the server. You are correct about whitelist though, i never thought about it because as soon as i get the system on the bench i whitelist the entire subnet. I'd venture a guess that adding the IP in CTI address also adds it to a whitelist whether you can see it or not.
If you don;t want to run any other samsung cti applciations then you don't need link for Xchange.

if you do want to run any other applications (eg dataview, easyset)
then you will need an opentsp license and config xchange to use link
Ok things are getting weird. 7100 V4.70 Samsung xchange connects to perfectly fine w/o any programming even whitelist. 7400 4.70 won't connect until you put the server's IP into the CTI IP field. I confirmed with a 7400 xchange install yesterday and a 7100 here in our office.
On an unrelated yet good note, found out yesterday xchange connects to Office365 (took a few attempts) and pulls shared contacts and appointments. Very nice.
What is Office365?

So my system is a 7100 v4.70, my whole subnet was already white listed.

On Xchange server versions 2.3 and 2.4 both, I had to enter the CTI address pointing to the Xchange Server to get it to connect. I spoke to Mondago and kinda got an unclear answer except they'll notate it. I didn't see putting in the CTI address with Device Manager anywhere in the documentation and told them so.

They seem to be quite buried and a little disorganized at the moment which is understandable.

By the way, running Xchange Server and Xchange client on the same machine works great. Just put the address as 'localhost' on the client side . No need for virtual machine or anything which is good because I'm not very smart.
Thinking about it i had to do the same with a OS7200S on a site to get it to connect (xchange 2.3).

I can't remember if my office OS7200 already had that set before i upgraded to 4.70.

This is probably samsung's fault for not telling mondago about all the changes in 4.70 software.

Xchange has been supported on samsung OS7000 systems since 4.21 software.
Office365 is Microsoft's Cloud alternative to having to buy office or an MS Exchange server for that matter. They host everything and you pay a monthly fee, no software purchase necessary. An office with 5 people (supposed to be a home license but who cares) is $99/year. A lot of people seem to be switching to it lately and i was concerned because of xchange being able to integrate into it but it did with only a few "quirks".
I really like how samsung xchange can pull appointments and set your phone presence automatically, comes in very handy with the operator console.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help