atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tny196 Samsung OfficeServ 7400 Email Gateway` - 09/11/13 10:37 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to setup the email gateway to relay email through an IIS6 SMTP server. I'm getting the error 5.5.4 Invalid Address from the connection. This is occurring when trying the ehlo or helo command. It's adding invalid characters to the address like (ehlo [::]). Has anyone run into this issue? We do not have an exchange server.

Thanks,
T
Posted By: Tny196 Re: Samsung OfficeServ 7400 Email Gateway` - 09/11/13 10:43 PM
The voicemail card is an SVMi-20E by the way.
Posted By: nameless Re: Samsung OfficeServ 7400 Email Gateway` - 09/12/13 12:43 AM
Set an email address in the reply to field of the system wide paramaters
Posted By: Tny196 Re: Samsung OfficeServ 7400 Email Gateway` - 09/12/13 04:10 AM
Thanks for the response. I did that already unfortunately. I did a wireshark scan and found that its adding additional invalid information in the ehlo/helo. That's the invalid address it's referring to. I doesn't even get to connect to the SMTP relay to try and send. I don't understand why it's entering the invalid characters.
Posted By: nameless Re: Samsung OfficeServ 7400 Email Gateway` - 09/12/13 04:31 AM
What about the from address in the mailbox?

Are you leaving this message from a external line or internal station?

try clearing and re-entering all address's
Posted By: Tny196 Re: Samsung OfficeServ 7400 Email Gateway` - 09/12/13 05:19 AM
I have the internal SMTP Relay address in the server field on port 25, no username or password (anonymous authentication), the reply to field, the send from and send to address. Internal or external doesn't matter. I've even changed the send from and to addresses with no luck.

It's not connecting to the Relay. I'm seeing the error message. It has to do with the helo/ehlo code it's sending. The error on the Samsung is:

=>WARNING - SMTP Begin session with Server 192.168.10.100:25 failed. ReplyCode 501 2.0.0 server.domain.local Service closing transmission channel

The 501 is an SMTP syntax error and when I use wireshark, it's showing that the Samsung is sending helo \177 instead of the normal helo 192.168.10.100. This is giving out the invalid address.

I know what the problem is, just don't know why it's not being accepted by the relay or why it's sending the invalid character of /.

Thanks again for your assistance! This is a doozy (sp?) for sure.
Posted By: Tny196 Re: Samsung OfficeServ 7400 Email Gateway` - 09/12/13 05:21 AM
Also, our scanners are using this relay and working just fine. Setting up a new relay on a different server did not resolve the issue as well.
Posted By: Tny196 Re: Samsung OfficeServ 7400 Email Gateway` - 09/12/13 04:19 PM
I figured this out. We were using anonymous relay so I didn't have a domain listed. When I entered a domain then the system sent a helo . Without the domain name it was sending blank data which was causing the invalid characters.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help