atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: spokanetelecom Caller ID Passthru while forwarding - 01/06/14 10:36 PM
I am trying to set the CLI (Call Id Number) to Pass-Thru the system to an off-site forwarded person's phone.

Here's what I have, a "special phone number" comes in to the IDCS-500 and is pointed at extension (example) 2100. That extension is "forwarded" to an off-site employee.

The employee sees the number of our "special phone number", rather than the phone number of the person calling.

Is there a way to "pass thru" the caller's, Caller ID from the forwarded extension to the offsite employee's phone? So he knows where the call is "Actually" coming from?

Thanks for any help.
(did I confuse that?)
Posted By: nameless Re: Caller ID Passthru while forwarding - 01/08/14 01:50 PM
It depends on the carrier and type of lines I believe.
Thanks, it is a Qwest/CenturyLink, T1 line, 24 channel, with DID assignment thru MMC714

Here's what I have learned, in testing...

If I "clear" any Calling Party Number (MMC-321) and I call into an extension directly (did) using my cell phone, by dialing the extensions assigned outside line, say extension 2010, (example; phone 356-2010 ), and the extension 2010 is forwarded to an off-site cell phone, the call is transferred to a cell phone, I do get the caller id showing my originating cell phone number.

So it appears, passthru cli is working in that regards.

but, if I have an extension, say 2015, that is setup under the svmi-16, to answer, play a prompt, (i.e. press 1, for this (ext 2016, 2 for that ext 2017), when they press 1 for ext 2016, and that extension (2016) is forwarded to a cell phone, the cell phone gets the caller id of the main line of the IDCS-500 system, not the original "callers" CID.

Does the idcs500, once answered by the SVMI-16 drop the caller ID, or when the SVMI-16 transfers to ext 2016 in this case, after the caller presses 1, does the SVMI-16 drop the caller id?

Does that make sense?
Posted By: T.C Re: Caller ID Passthru while forwarding - 01/08/14 07:42 PM
You can't pass the number through once the VM has answered, certainly this is the case in the UK.
Posted By: Avidcomm Re: Caller ID Passthru while forwarding - 01/08/14 11:48 PM
I have a related issue with the Caller ID on my Call log.
If the caller dials a DID that rings my phone my call log will show their Caller ID number, if the SVMI answered the call first and transfers a call to me the Call log shows me that the voicemail extension called but the caller ID name is the caller's.
Seems to break the Call log feature and make it useless.
which also breaks the ability to call back via the call log. I wish they would fix that!
Thanks for all the info.. I concur... once it passes thru VM, the CID is lost... bummer...

but... what about a TRUE AA card... I have an AA card I could install, would this allow the Prompting for (Press 1 for this, Press 2 for that) and retain the caller ID? if Pressing 1 is for an extension?

Or is AA just another VM that does the same thing... Normally AA is for "call management" and in doing so, should report differently to the system than does the VM

Any ideas?
Posted By: T.C Re: Caller ID Passthru while forwarding - 01/13/14 01:26 PM
Never tested, but i'd be highly surprised if that worked. The system would be generating a second call which would still display the office number.
Posted By: T.C Re: Caller ID Passthru while forwarding - 01/13/14 01:27 PM
Coming to think of it ,in the UK the feature required was only enabled around V4.40 on the OfficeServ.
If you look in MMC210 there is a setting to allow cid on transfer, turn this on and it will allow it to go through. I ran into this issue 3 weeks ago and got it fixed that way.
Thanks Biztel.

I just checked MMC210, none of the "settings" shown work for me.

I do see a CID CODE INS, but that does not provide CID passthru through the VM system.

thanks for your help.

Posted By: tatenda Re: Caller ID Passthru while forwarding - 05/06/14 07:19 AM
we have to analyze who is calling externally. It is certainly not the original extension, so most def the 1st CLI sits on 2100. As 2100 forwards external, it will send its own CLI. If you check SMDR data the external call is printed under 2100 not the originating extension.
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: Caller ID Passthru while forwarding - 05/06/14 03:44 PM
I ran into something similar. I ended up having to setup mobex on the phone that is forwarding so that the original cid would pass.

Hope that helps.
In 210 try turning on Held party cli send or Hold ID send. That will allow it to go through.
Thanks Biztel,

In 210 (customer on/off per tenant), on the idcs-500L, Held Party CLI send or HOLD ID send are not listed.

Maybe you are thinking a different Samsung system? 0s7100-7400? or maybe 210 is different on your system than mine?

thanks for the help everyone

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help