atcomsystems.ca/forum
Changing number of rings before VM:
Thanks in advance to whoever can help. Customer has Samsung Prostar DCS compact with iDCS 18D phones and Users complain that two rings is not enough time to pick up a phone. How can I change that setting? Is it a change you can make for each extension, or a single one that affects everyone? Is it a change users can make for themselves?
It depands on how it is programmed:
- One way is that extension has a call forward (no answer) set to VM (you can change the timer in MMC 502 (No Ans Fwd)
- Another way is that the call rings on a group, that has an overflow to VM - you have to find the right group, and you can change the overflow time in MMC 601

There is probably some other possible way, so first you have to understand the call flow.
Hofman- By the first option do you mean a conditional "call forward" , meaning if no one answers?, or what I call a call forward, meaning that you cannot take the call because it is on call forward. The situation here is that the users, each of whom have their own extension, and are not in a group, need a bit more time to answer their phone, two rings is not enough.
Apparently the first option will solve the problem. Yes, I ment conditional call forward.
Mr Hoffman- could you kindly elaborate on how I can "change the timer in MMC 502 "?
Go into programming, select MMC 502, dial in the extension number or [Ans/Rel] for all stations and dial in the seconds you want.

So easy once you do it.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help