atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jakusb Looking for pcmcc software for Compact II - 04/16/14 12:55 PM
Hi,

We have an old Samsung Compact II telephone unit, which I would like to program via PC.
For that I seem to need a piece of software called PCMCC.
Does anyone know where to find the correct version (for this Compact II system)? Or even better a download link?

regards,

Jacob
You will need to know the version of software your system is running, each version software has a corresponding pcmmc version.
You will also require a misc card in the system, and the correct serial cable to connect between the system and pc/laptop.

Also the pcmmc is a dos application, it won't run on vista or higher.

I have had success running it via dosbox however.
Posted By: Gerrya Re: Looking for pcmcc software for Compact II - 04/16/14 05:54 PM
Good luck finding I have thrown all mine away
just as easy to use a phone instead of using dos program
Posted By: jakusb Re: Looking for pcmcc software for Compact II - 04/17/14 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by nameless
You will need to know the version of software your system is running, each version software has a corresponding pcmmc version.
You will also require a misc card in the system, and the correct serial cable to connect between the system and pc/laptop.

Also the pcmmc is a dos application, it won't run on vista or higher.

I have had success running it via dosbox however.

I do not know the exact version. Which code do I need to enter on a telephone set to display it?
I do have a Misc-1 card with 2 serial ports as well as the original cable used by the engineer that used to program it.. That person is long gone, as is any of his software... frown
I also have experience with DOSBox, as I use it for a different Samsung DCS where I do have the correct software for. I am able to program that system, unfortunately not yet this other Compact II system....

Any help is very much appreciated smile
Posted By: pvj Re: Looking for pcmcc software for Compact II - 04/17/14 07:34 PM
mmc727 is where you will find the version number
Also should be on the software chips inside the cabinet.
Posted By: jakusb Re: Looking for pcmcc software for Compact II - 04/18/14 12:05 PM
mcc727 gives:
ROM Version 02.01.26 T7.02

Which PCMCC software tool do I need for this version?
And more importantly, where can I get a copy
Posted By: pvj Re: Looking for pcmcc software for Compact II - 04/18/14 02:05 PM
Well because you are in Europe and I am in Canada we have different software versions.Obviously you need the PCMMC version for that software level but I can't tell you where you might find it.It will have to come from Europe.
I have that version. I believe pcmmc is common as it asks you what country you are in on startup.
Email me and I'll send it.
Posted By: pvj Re: Looking for pcmcc software for Compact II - 04/18/14 05:35 PM
Really?I don't think our PCMMC ever asks for the country.
Anyway our DCS50si which I believe was the equivalent of your Compact II last version was 1.6 so much different software.
The compact 2 is known as dcs70 here. The 50si was different again.
Posted By: jakusb Re: Looking for pcmcc software for Compact II - 05/05/14 12:24 PM
thanks. I tried the software and have some trouble connecting, using a serial cable.
I tried via modem, but it does not answer the incomming call.
I also tried direct serial cable, but it times out when trying to set online.

any clues?

What should the serial cable look like? which pin config?
Why does the modem not answer? is it something in DCS system I need to configure?

many thanks in advance! smile
You will need to set the modern to auto answer. The system won't answer it.
I'll pm you the pinout.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help