atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dreamkiller Loading Prompts on SVMi20e - 06/15/14 05:43 AM
Ive been given a couple of wav/mp3 files to convert and load to a SVMi20e on a 7400. Ive searched the forums, a little info but broken links etc.
Could someone PM me the instructions Thanks.
Posted By: Gerrya Re: Loading Prompts on SVMi20e - 06/15/14 08:53 AM
pm sent
Posted By: dreamkiller Re: Loading Prompts on SVMi20e - 06/15/14 11:00 PM
Thanks Gerrya

I should have posted the versions, didnt have my laptop to check at the time sorry.

CPU - MP40
Ver - 4.53c

I have the Prompts and Prompt Utility document, and to use VOX files and buildpmt.exe etc. but doesnt actually say how to get the files from my laptop to the VM card. I have never had to upload pre-recorded announcements on this version of VM/CPU. only ever had someone record it live.

Posted By: dreamkiller Re: Loading Prompts on SVMi20e - 06/30/14 12:17 AM
Just an update

Started out using Hyperterminal and trying to transfer via Port Activity menu and xmodem.. worked once then got a file transfer error everytime after.

The easiest way was to goto Backup and Restore in Operating Utilities only thing is this takes the Voicemail offline (so done afterhours)and use a ftp client to connect once put into this mode. Once transfered files to the PMT directory needed to restart the voicemail card via ittool.

And conversion of wav file to vox and using buildpmt.exe (from vm card) to create the pmt file.

Would have upgraded firmware versions but the 7400 is a large multi business site and its working and didnt have time for additional problems (whitelists etc.)

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help