atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lord_Genji OS 7000 VxWorks - 07/08/14 01:26 PM
Hi

In 7200and 7400 the system VxWorks What is the user id password

thank you
Posted By: nameless Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 07/08/14 08:25 PM
The cli is used for debug traces, which the Korean engineers can decode. There is no programming or user/tech level diagnostic information you can gain from it
Posted By: Lord_Genji Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 07/09/14 06:47 AM
OK.
for example ; How do you trace of SIP calls?
With using Wireshark program ?

Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 07/09/14 12:45 PM
Yes you have to use Wireshark.
Posted By: Kavar Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/15/15 02:14 PM
how about logging pages/station to station calls?
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/15/15 03:04 PM
SMDR can be used to log calls but not pages.
Posted By: Kavar Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/16/15 12:51 PM
Can anything be done? We have a problem with a group of individuals that are less than professional abusing the paging system and we need to be able to trace the culprits
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/17/15 05:00 PM
You could try blocking page in COS and then use authorization codes to change to a class where paging is allowed. Auth code entries are reported in Smdr So you would be able to go in and check who put in a code at the time of the page.
Posted By: pvj Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/17/15 06:08 PM
Hook up the paging to a CO port and track it?
Posted By: Kavar Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/18/15 11:35 AM
My apologies, I am not aware of how to do that. As far as I can tell the paging is an internal feature that just has a audio output terminal (not an actual dialed phone number). When I use the serial logging on the com port, no "phone call" is registered. If I use the admin software and refresh the screen while the page is being made the phone making the page shows "busy" doesn't show a connected number, so unless I happen to be sitting at the screen refreshing and also happen to be paged down far enough to see whomever is doing it (all very unlikely) I don't see how to capture it.
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/18/15 12:59 PM
He's saying if your paging device supports trunk port page input you could hook it up that way and SMDR would report the call. If not your best bet is the way i mentioned. The downside is it will add one step to do an overhead page, the upside is either they will immediately stop doing it or you'll know who did it right away.
Posted By: Kavar Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/18/15 02:45 PM
We have an officeserv 7400, the paging is done through some internal process, apparently on channel 6 of a LP card located in Cabinet 1. Is there a way to "re-route" this through a phone number so that it can get logged without purchasing any additional hardware? If so, can you give me some direction?

BTW, Thank you for the help thus far, I genuinely do appreciate it.

Regards
Posted By: pvj Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/18/15 02:55 PM
If you have analog trunk ports and have a spare one then you can do what I said and hook it up to a trunk port that SMDR will record.It sounds like maybe you aren't a tech ,do you have someone who deals with the system?This would be fairly simple to accomplish.

What exactly is the situation here?How do they page currently?What code are they dialing is it only external paging, is there any internal paging in use at all?Can you use all page and see on a display set where the page is coming from?
Posted By: Kavar Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/18/15 03:24 PM
Well for all intents and purposes I am a tech, but unfortunately my experience is in data. I could change the allocation and free up a trunk port, but my efforts to forward to the paging system have all failed.

There is a "group type" associated with the page system and I can't assign forwards to the feature code nor the internal telephone number (the latter being a head scratcher for me)

I also tried the reverse, making a standard phone line the destination for the feature code... this also failed.

When you say the SMDR for logging, the only thing I have found that gives me Phone Call logs is the Com Port with a PC logging. I was sure I could walk the SNMP tree and find a trap that includes at least phone calls, but I have not found it yet.

Regards,
Posted By: Kavar Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/18/15 03:28 PM
Sorry, to answer the other questions,

We only use external Paging (all analogue phones) Currently the external page activation is "8" followed by a single digit for zone, the feature can be remapped but it won't allow a translation to an external telephone number
Posted By: pvj Re: OS 7000 VxWorks - 05/18/15 04:00 PM
You should be able to renumber a trunk port to your paging code.
In fact what I would do is renumber a trunk port to 8 and let the second number they dial be the number dialed on the trunk .I am assuming that the SMDR would want to "see" a number dialed so the second digit in your page access would accomplish that.Like I said fairly simple to do ,you must have someone who takes care of service on the system.It would be fairly simple to do.If you don't understand what I'm trying to get you to do it would be worth your time to get a tech in and do it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help