atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: corth Help with Basics - OfficeServ 7030 - DS-5014S - 01/06/15 06:10 AM
Hello everyone, complete noob here

I have a small business and I inherited an OfficeServ 7030 and 4 handsets DS-5014S. I have tried everything, but I cannot log in to the device manager. How do I find the IP without resetting the system? When I try MMC830 it just says not permitted.

The point of doing this for me (in case it can be done in another way), is to add a speed dial quick key (the one with the flashing green/red lights) for a new handset that I installed. The handset is working and it has an extension number, but I would like to program all the other handsets to know when this extension is busy (red) and how to quick call it.

Thank you
Reason is your logging in as a user not a installer level
You might have to get a samsung engineer to help you out
MMC 830 won't work for anyone that hasn't logged in as a technician first.
What you are asking to do is simple to do through the keyset programming.You will possibly need the technician passcode .But you may be able to do it as simple as this from a keyset user level programming.In order for this to work the button must already be assigned as a DS key
At a keyset press Transfer and dial 107
Press the button you want to program(like I said above it MUST already be programmed as a DS key)
Dial the extension that you want the button to call.
Press Transfer
Thanks for your help everyone. How do I program it as a DS key?
there are 3 other buttons programmed as DS keys to other extensions. The one that I am trying to program now just says NONE and I don't know how to change that.
And that's where you are going to need technician level access (and the passcode) to program the buttons to be DS keys.
Thank you pvj
Is there anyway I can do this myself?

I am just asking because every time we call a technician it takes them AT LEAST 3-4 weeks to come over. They came 2 days ago to install the phone, but left without checking anything and when I called back to say that the functions that I asked were not working they gave me again an ETA of 3-4 weeks.

If it can't be done, fine, but if there is anyway I can do this myself with your help here it would be awesome.
Thanks anyway :-)
Do you have the tech passcode?
is there a standard passcode?
the technicians came here for the first time ever last year, so I guess they didn't know either.
The system was installed about 5 years ago by other technicians and they were never serviced until last year.
corth,What I would suggest is you send a PM to nameless one of the Samsung mods who is also in Ozzie land.I'm sure you can work something out and your in the same timezone.
thank you! will do
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help