atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Diddy Levine Splitting SIP channels - 02/25/15 08:21 AM
Hi people

I have a niggling issue with a company that has 3 SIP channels/trunks on a single trusted IP method.
They have 2 DDI numbers, 1 for each sub-company.
Problem: They want 1 channel only for 2 extensions and 2 for about 6 extensions.
I can split them in port use group for outbound but the incoming calls don't care what channel they come in on so they start using up the SIP trunk I have allocated to the first company meaning they cannot dial out.
Samsung say it can't be done and maybe they should go back to analogue. Is that the way forward? Surely there is a way to engineer this on the Officserv?
Posted By: nameless Re: Splitting SIP channels - 02/25/15 11:20 AM
I've been looking into this recently.

What i've found is that the trunks are used based on the number of licensed trunks and the trunk group config for both outgoing and Incomming.

1 thing to try is in the indial table set the max number of calls for each did number, this should make the system only accept that number of calls (the call wait option may help here too).

Failing this unless you can split the did's to different sip server configuration you're out of luck.

Inbound calls start from the highest number trunk and go down to the lowest.
Posted By: SamsungTech Re: Splitting SIP channels - 02/26/15 05:45 AM
Setup 2 different SIP carriers, one for each DDI number. Setup SIP trunks in 2 different trunk groups.
Posted By: Diddy Levine Re: Splitting SIP channels - 03/04/15 01:42 PM
Thanks very much both of you. I have done the max calls per DDI bit and that does help enormously, thanks also for the incoming call order. That means with 6 SIP trunks I can allocate the first one of 6 (lowest number) for the group only wanting 1 trunk so it will not affect them so much.

Thanks also for the different carrier option. That would be ideal but they are baulking at the extra costs.

Best wishes
Mike
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help