atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pweirich Samsung SMT-i 5343 with cordless Headset - 05/19/15 01:33 PM
Has anyone already experience with the connection of cordless headsets (plantronics or jabra) to the 5343.
The 5343 should be able to make EHS. In the menu you can activate this feature. But normally you have the EHS connector in the phone or you need a special cable. But I didn`t found any cable in the compability lists of plantronics or jabra.
thanks!
Posted By: Matt_GC Re: Samsung SMT-i 5343 with cordless Headset - 05/19/15 10:05 PM
Plantronics use the APU-71 cable
Sorry I don't know Jabra
5343 phone has Bluetooth conectivity, so you can connect Bluetooth headset and controll the call (answer/ hangup)over the button on the headset. I've tried with some different bluetooth headsets (Nokia, Silver Crest..) and it works.
Posted By: andma Re: Samsung SMT-i 5343 with cordless Headset - 05/21/15 12:57 AM
yeah use Bluetooth it works perfectly, I brought a heap from ALiexpress for like $5 each and they work.

I'm checking with my supplier who does both Jabra and Plantronics as to if there is a Jabra cable that works.
Thanks a lot.
Plantronics APU-71 isn't available any more. There will be in future a APU-72. Jabra is using 14201-32. Both cables work with USB Connection. I tried already with Jabra. But I don't get it work via EHS. EHS means for me, the phone is ringing and I can push the buttom at the Headset to get the call. Perhaps someone knows more.
Also with the new Firmware 4.92 and the new fimware 1.41 for SMT-i 5343 I can't connect cordless Headset to the phone like I know it from other manufactors.
I get connet with plantronics CS540 Headset, but I can't take the call via Headset. I have to push the lousdpeaker button on he phone to get the call.
Also I can't switch betwen handset and headset during a call.
Has anybody else made other experience ???
Thanks.

Bump for this one.
I have many customers who need the range of a DECT headset so bluetooth isn't a viable alternative. Currently, the plantronics website doesn't list Samsung in their EHS cable options. Has anyone had luck with an alternative?
I've heard from another dealer the APU72 works for both the 5343 and the 6011/6021. It's a USB connection into the samsung phone. The 5343 for sure and here's the plantronics guide that uses a 5343 as an example-
Plantronics APU72 Guide
Hopping on the old post. The guide above links to an instruction set for a cisco phone...

Anyway. The APU 72 along with the CS540 does work with the 5343 and the 6011/6021. Two things you need to do with them though is, in the settings, enable the headset hardware key and also set the headset mode to EHS.

Then you should be good to go.

-B
Originally Posted by Bushmills
Hopping on the old post. The guide above links to an instruction set for a cisco phone...

Anyway. The APU 72 along with the CS540 does work with the 5343 and the 6011/6021. Two things you need to do with them though is, in the settings, enable the headset hardware key and also set the headset mode to EHS.

Then you should be good to go.

-B

You answered a 2 year old post. Lol
Hi Bushmills, great job you did. Many thanksfor your information. I ordered a plantronics with APU75 and I testet today. It works like a cordless headset should work. Great !!!
Tomorrow I will install it with a SMT-i6021 at a SCMC.
Many many thanks !!!
Best regards to canada.
On the 5343, if you plug a Sennheiser D10 USB headset into the USB port it works great, just need to have the right firmware in phone and headset, no special leads required.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help