atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ld13 DS-5007S not ringing anymore on incoming calls - 06/12/15 12:39 AM
So we pressed a wrong button and our OfficeServ DS-5007S connected to a Samsung OfficeServ 7030 does not ring on incoming calls anymore, it just flashes one of two buttons on the right side of the phone.

Any advice?

Thank you!
Press the button again. Sounds like you have changed from Day ringing to Alt/Night ring.
I'd happily press whatever was pressed again, but I do not know what was pressed.

'DS25' is the line behind the programmable softkey number 7 that is flashing when we get an incoming call. That seems to be extension 5.

How/where do I set what extensions must ring on an incoming call?
You would set what extensions will ring usually into a ring group.This is done with tech level programming.But seeing as you undid this with touching 1 button you may have pressed an DND OR ? key.I think only a DND key would be capable of doing it with 1 touch.Do a Transfer 107 at the phone.That is what will show you what the function of each button is by dialing Transfer 107 and then press Volume Up to scroll through the 7 buttons.Make note of what each button has for the code.
Was probably not 'one button' that was pressed. I suspected DND at first, but I enabled and disabled that one already.
Button 1 - 7:
Call1
Call2
DS22 ->DS
DS ->DS
NONE
DS25 ->DS
SPD500->SPD

Button 6 above flashes rapidly on this extention on incoming calls. On EXT2 it is button 7. Both are DS25 under 107.
There's nothing there that would cause the ringing to stop.
Call buttons are where your internal and external calls will appear. DS buttons call the station associated with the extender ie a DS25 will call Ext 25 . Could you have dialed a code like 53500 or? If you dial 53 plus the group number (ie 500) you can log yourself in/out of a group.A group is where your lines usually ring to.What does the display look like on the phone your having trouble with?
Did you accidentally dial yourself out of the group? we see this a lot when there is a local number that starts with 53 and people forget to dial 9 to call out.
To check, (if you don't know the incoming group #) go to a phone that is ringing and see what the display says, ie Call for 501 or 500 most likely.
Go back to your phone and dial 53-501(replace 501 with the correct group) and then press 1. It should give you a confirmation on the display that you will now receive group calls.
If it tells you, you are not a group member you completely lost your association with the group and will need to enter tech level programming to fix.
It think this might be the answer. Unfortunately none of the phones are ringing. Only have 4 'EXT' ports and have no idea how to connect a phone to 'ext 25'.
Just go through all the groups... 500-518 unless they renumbered those for 2 digit as well. It won't let you turn it on for a group you're not a member of anyway.
Ext 25 is probably the sli port .
Still sitting with this, shall report back if I manage to sort anything. Wish me luck.
Originally Posted by Genesiscomm
Just go through all the groups... 500-518 unless they renumbered those for 2 digit as well. It won't let you turn it on for a group you're not a member of anyway.

Only using one phone at this stage. It reacted to 53-500 and I pressed 1 and got a confirmation msg that I will now receive group calls. Did not change anything. Incoming calls still seemingly ring to EXT5 or ID 25.

Phone shows "21: Reception" and the date below it when plugged into EXT1. Same for EXT2, 3 and 4 with just a change in the ID to 22, 23 and 24 respectively and of course the name we gave the (unused) stations.

Still 100% in the dark on how to get EXT 1-4 ringing again.
Do any of the phones have an RP key on it? It sounds like the ring plan is now set incorrectly. If I'm reading this correctly none of your phones are ringing for incoming calls now?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help