atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mtnman WEVoIP quit working after cell phone upgrade - 06/15/16 05:40 PM
I upgraded software on my cell phone to marshmallow and now I have no audio, transmit or receive but the phone logs on just fine. Also have wireless 6021 phone connected remote and it works just fine. Any Ideas?
Are you on the latest build of WeVoip? WE_VoIP_V4700a_FE30_01
Yes
Just tried it on another Verizon Samsung galaxy 5S and works fine with the older cell phone software. Maybe need to figure out how to uninstall the new update on my cell phone.
What system and what s/w release are you on?
It is connected to a OS7100 with software version 4.91
Support had me upgrade to 4.95 on my test OS7100. I also have the latest s/w on my cell phone and can't get the phone to register to the system The profile saves but the phone won't register. We are still working on it. Supports latest suggestion is that we reinitialize the 7100 and only program the WeVoip stuff and see if it works.
Same issue in the UK on the S5 Marshmallow update.
Defaulted and reprogrammed the 7100 with only WeVoip settings. Cell phone with Marshmallow Profile saves but cell won't register Registration failed (Server not responding).
To the OP in 5.2.24 are you set for TLS or UDP? if you are set to TLS you might try UDP.
Kind of difficult to have to advise your customers they have to get a new cell phone because they upgraded to the latest software. Maybe if enough people have this problem someone may come up with a work around.
I was set to UDP but changed it too TLS still no go. Thanks for the suggestion. Nothing in the 7100 system changed as it was working great until the marshmallow update.
Support ran some wire sharks and they are going to look at the non Marshmallow that are good and the Marshmallow that's bad. Hopefully a fix will be quick in coming.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help