atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Foggy OS7400 PRI trouble - 06/21/16 09:11 PM
Hello all,

Long time lurker, with a problem.

I'll preface this with the fact that I have very little experience with PRI.

We have a customer that has recently switched to a PRI circuit, which I was able to get up and going with no problems. Inbound and outbound are both fine, with one exception.

This is for a small Rural Electric Power Cooperative.. when they have an outage and several people attempt to call in at once, it exceeds their call capacity (capacity currently is 12 concurrent calls via Access Point).. trouble is, that the 13th and higher inbound callers hear a recording of "I'm sorry, this is not a working number". Must be a Access Point recording, as I'm not aware of that recording on a Samsung VM.

This also happens when they call forward the lead DID to an answering service (after hours), when more than 2 calls get forwarded.

I feel like the provider (Access Point) does not have something configured correctly, however they (Access Point) keeps telling the customer that I do not have the "hunt group" setup correctly.

Is there something that I am missing.. is this something that you have experienced before?

Again, I have very little experience with PRI.. so I may be missing something very basic.

Thanks,
Robert
---
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: OS7400 PRI trouble - 06/21/16 10:56 PM
There really isn't much to program, save for inbound destinations. If you receive calls in the right places, your inbound stuff is probably all right. I f calls complete normally on outbound calls, you're probably good with that as well.

Most of what you're describing in on the provider to solve. If they're only providing 12 inbound channels. they need to tell the 13th caller something besides 'a non-working number'.

As for outbound forwarding, again, why can't your provider handle two simultaneous calls to the same number? This is not a hunt group issue, at least not on your end.

Let me guess...this provider is also a large ISP...
Posted By: Foggy Re: OS7400 PRI trouble - 06/22/16 08:21 PM
Yep, the customer was sold a circuit for internet... with the pitch "Oh yeah, we can save you some money on your phone bill".

They asked my opinion, I told them that a PRI should have better call quality, but I would price one from their current provider (AT&T). Cheaper is usually not better.

Thanks for the input.. it is very similar answer to what I got from tech support. I just wanted to get the "Experts" opinion .

Regards,
Robert
---
Posted By: Steve M Re: OS7400 PRI trouble - 08/18/16 07:37 PM
The first issue, of 13th Caller, is normal. hey are only paying for 12 Paths. The 13th call,should not get a non-working number, that is probably based on the actual provider, more so than the reseller.

The Dial-Out issue is unusual, since it is no different than if you had two or three people calling out at the same time. Can the number they are calling take two simultaneous calls. they may only have one path and thus getting the same issue.

Try calling the number from two phones, either the system or cell phones and see what happens then.

We have multiple calls going to our answering service all the time, no problem.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help