atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sonnym Good router recommendation for SIP - 07/13/16 06:26 PM
looking for recommendation for good router for sip lines. system os7200 and provider is SoTel with ubigate switch.
Thank you
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Good router recommendation for SIP - 07/13/16 10:40 PM
We use Netgear
Posted By: Gerrya Re: Good router recommendation for SIP - 07/15/16 11:33 AM
We always use draytex
Posted By: NB1 Re: Good router recommendation for SIP - 07/20/16 08:17 PM
Dreytek all the way
We use draytek but haven't really had any issues with other makes as long as you can turn SIP ALG off.
Have had good success with Sonicwall, Linksys and Netgear. So really can't complain. Just on the newer ones you must turn off SIP Alg to allow audio to go through.
Posted By: mfecko Re: Good router recommendation for SIP - 08/18/16 07:17 PM
Netgear WNR2000 V5

Seems to work well and reliably
Posted By: SamsungTech Re: Good router recommendation for SIP - 08/24/16 06:11 AM
We use Draytek, and definitely don't use Netcomm.
Posted By: RickWaldrip Re: Good router recommendation for SIP - 10/04/16 05:13 PM
Mikrotik RB2011. The most versatile, configurable, flexible router/firewall at a very economical price. You have to build the configuration yourself (I can you send info on how we do it), but you can create QoS rules, capture packets, run scripts, set up VPNs, guest wifi, and much more. As you probably know, there are aspects of SIP that can be challenging. You have the ALG situation to deal with, and many routers don't let you turn that off. You need to prioritize the VoIP data and perform some level of QoS. Plus we have found in many cases we have to play with the UDP timeout value as some times there may be a long enough idle period on port 5060 that the connection times out and the some routers drop it. There is a very helpful user community for Mikrotik routers. We have worked with Sonicwall, Fortinet, Cisco, Netgear, and tons of others, and I have never found a router as flexible as the Mikrotiks, especially at their price point. If you want advanced features like built in virus protection and web filtering by subscription service, it is not the right product. If you shy away from getting down and dirty in the config, it might not be for you either. But if you don't mind rolling up your sleeves, it's a great little router. The RB951 works well, too.
Posted By: John807 Re: Good router recommendation for SIP - 10/04/16 10:37 PM
Rick,
I've used the Mikrotik and I second your opinion. You also reminded me I need to get one for our test lab.
Thanks,
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help