atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rod T PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/20/16 07:03 PM
I have a customer who wants a DID number to call a remote service via a SIP Trunk.

Anybody done this?
Posted By: NB1 Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/20/16 07:29 PM
Hi

Do you just need to divert the number out via the SIP trunk
Posted By: Rod T Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/21/16 02:29 PM
Yes, currently the published number is a POTS line that is being answered by a SIP device which connects to the remote service via a SIP trunk.
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/21/16 09:58 PM
So to understand correctly, it's a analog phone line attached to the system that then is answered by a sip device attached to a remote service via sip on the samsung phone system? What other phone service is there on this system?
Posted By: Rod T Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/21/16 10:10 PM
No, the POTs line to the SIP device is the current setup.
They want to port the POTs numbers to the Samsung PRI and have the Samsung forward the call via SIP to the remote service.
Posted By: nameless Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/22/16 07:34 AM
Do you have sip trunks on the samsung currently?

What you want to-do can be done fairly easily.
Posted By: Rod T Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/22/16 01:36 PM
We purchased 7400-IP which comes with 24 SIP trunks but they are not configured as we use a PRI.
Posted By: Rod T Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/26/16 06:10 PM
I have SIP trunks configured and a virtual Extension configured to forward all to 805 + mynumber.
Is there something else to do because I am not able to complete a call.
Posted By: NB1 Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/27/16 07:51 PM
Depending on the sw level you could try setting up a mobile extension 2.7.5 and set that to go out over 805 and your number.
Posted By: wmelliott Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 07/28/16 07:23 PM
Ignoring the call forwarding for the moment, have you verified that the SIP trunk is registered and that you can successfully call out on it?
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: PRI to SIP Trunk - 10/14/16 03:14 PM
I know this is probably a dumb question to ask about 3 months later, but do you have a sip account and sip service on the system? Also did you buy sip licenses for it?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help